Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a new RV. It will become my temporary residence while a property is selected, and a shop is built.

We close on the 21 of December on the house.

I really do hate packing!

Anywey, here is a video of the new RV with a few differences.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is really a space age set up. Good for you, camping in style. What area of the country are you thinking of moving to?

Herb
I will probably stay in Texas. Somewhere within driving distance to Houston, Dallas, or Austin. I work from my house so I have the option to hit the road if I so desire, as long as I have reliable internet service.

RVs have really upped their game over the years. I think I will be very comfortable until the house and shop are done.

After that, I do plan to see a few more of our national parks like the Badlands and Yosemite. But, I do not think you can call it camping any more with heated floors and dual central ACs and a fireplace.

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
wow..
that's something..

tell us more about this new shop...

Reactions: timbertailor

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow..
that's something..

tell us more about this new shop...
It all depends on what is on the property already but I am leaning toward building the house myself and buying a metal building for the shop. Two reasons. The shop really does not require any real design demands other than four walls and a roof. Metal buildings go up quick! The faster I get my shop up and running, the faster I can complete the house. A metal building will take three or four days to construct.

The shop will be 40 x 40. It may not be all dedicated wood shop at first. It will share duty with a hydraulic car lift so it will have a high ceiling. A second shop will come later that I will probably build myself for my final wood working space.

Lots of steps between here and there but this is the current plan.

P.S. Glad you like the RV

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
done yet...

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
That is one nice RV. My wife was watching a show that was about custom trailers and motor homes. One custom shop was building a motor home for a widow in her 60's. Are you sitting down? Cost was about $1 million. My father's friend, years ago, said his idea of roughing it was staying in a motel with a black and white TV. Good luck on the move! I have always enjoyed moving. Had the opportunity to live in the largest city in the US and some of the smallest. Unpacking was like Christmas- you never know what you will find in a box.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is one nice RV. My wife was watching a show that was about custom trailers and motor homes. One custom shop was building a motor home for a widow in her 60's......................................... Unpacking was like Christmas- you never know what you will find in a box.
Did she leave a phone number? I am looking for a sugar momma!!!

And as far as reliving Christmas and not knowing what is in each box? Well, lets just say I am too anal for that and leave it at that.

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
Brad, congrats for you new 5th wheel, looks nice and very confortable, and congrats for your future (but close) plans of your home and SHOP. :wink:

Edit: I hope you get the phone of the widow >:) (and send to me 0:) )

·
Registered
882 Posts
Seems like a dream life to me! My horse stable/shop is big, two tall doors and two regular sized doors with all cement floors (Really good). Can't be heated or cooled (really bad)- except for a 12'x15' little room. Its about an 8 month facility. Cold won't be such a problem for you. My wife tells me that I would complain even if I were hung with a new rope!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Glad to see things working out for you. If you happen to go off into lands without any services, the website listed at the end of this post might interest you, or anyone else wanting to go boon docking. The author happens to be a relative of mine who has been on the road, off an on (mostly on) since her 55th birthday (she will be 76 this April); only recently settling in central Mexico and building her own little home over the last 5 years. Aging was catching up, as were the after effects of wrist and elbow injuries (both her shoulders have been permanently dislocated for many years, one since 1995, but doctors never looked at this effect of falls shattering one of her wrists and another her opposite elbow). To make a long story short, she saw an opportunity to build a house and base of operations for further travels into central and south America. Prior to settling in Mexico, she traveled extensively along the west coast and down into the Padre Islands in Texas. She boon docked in Arizona quite a bit and the blog is the result of her experiences and what she learned along the way. She wanted a platform to share those experiences and help others interested in this mode of travel and lifestyle. I hope you will find it interesting and relative to your future travel plans. Cheers.

Boondocking Blogger

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Official Greeter
18,750 Posts
Nice RV, Brad.

I do like the thought of that 40 x 40 shed.....VBG

1 - 20 of 68 Posts