Router Forums banner

181 - 183 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Ok I am not at home tonight but will email you the plans if I can find them. Will take a picture of mine so you have a good idea what it looks like.
Thanks I really appreciate that. I need to get a pic of the Rockler one I have, really good for miters because the bearing setting is so big even someone as blind as me can read it.

The two shots below were taken at a friend’s house. He wanted me to help him do this little project of adding these cubbies next to the back door so the kids could have small bins to put their stuff in when they came home.

Is paint grade plywood with dado and rabid and putting some trim on the edge of the plywood. No big deal except his wife kept changing things. It is in his house but all the saws and such is at my house and we live about 15 miles apart. We started this last Monday and he said he will finish it this morning.

Another thing that took so long is he has very little experience in this area but wanted to be involved in every area so as to learn, kind of the blind leading the blind.

But it was good because this is the first thing I have really used the shop to do that was what it was built for. It was fun and he learned a few things, like every time you cut a board or add one it can affect every things else you are doing. That is something you and I have learned and don’t think much about it. Basically a good time with a new friend.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
I want to thank everyone that has had a part in this build, I really appreciate all the support. There is more than one idea from the forum that has been incorporated into the final product. As I have noted before this will continue to be a work in progress.

I just wanted to say a special thanks to all.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
I've been following your build too, Jerry. I didn't have much to add but I sure learned a lot. Thank you!

181 - 183 of 183 Posts