Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Next week I'm moving to Copenhagen, Denmark!, because of a job offer.

So.. it's more than likely that my current woodworking activities will cease, however my father will continue with them here in Argentina.

Never say never anyway!, since I already have the know-how, who knows, maybe I rent/borrow a small place and I keep woodworking :).

In any case, it's been a great time of learning and experience, and you played a big role in it, helping and supporting me with every question I had, no matter how silly or dangerous it was :).

I know I always say this, but I will be posting pictures of this "yet unknown and mysterious" project I've been working on for the past.. year.

Have a great time!.

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
In todays world, having to relocate due to a job offer is usually a very good thing :) Congrats Pablo...

I think you'll find that no matter where you are, there is always an opportunity to make some sawdust....

enjoy the new adventure

Reactions: Roy Drake

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Best of luck to you there. What a great adventure. It will certainly be a cultural change as well as climate. We've enjoyed sharing woodworking with you and I predict you'll get back to it. Maybe you can send a few pictures when you get there.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Good luck in Denmark Pablo. You can still keep an eye on this forum from there too.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Congratulations on the new job, Pablo. I hope you're able to arrange to have a space for woodworking. If so, maybe you'll be able to get your wood and supplies at a much better price. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Next week I'm moving to Copenhagen, Denmark!, because of a job offer.

So.. it's more than likely that my current woodworking activities will cease, however my father will continue with them here in Argentina.

Never say never anyway!, since I already have the know-how, who knows, maybe I rent/borrow a small place and I keep woodworking :).

In any case, it's been a great time of learning and experience, and you played a big role in it, helping and supporting me with every question I had, no matter how silly or dangerous it was :).

I know I always say this, but I will be posting pictures of this "yet unknown and mysterious" project I've been working on for the past.. year.

Have a great time!.
be safe and not a stranger...
good luck w/ your new venture...

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Good luck to you and keep in touch. I think you will find the Scandinavian Countries are a gold mine of woodworking knowledge.

Herb

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Good luck in your wonderful new adventure.

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,193 Posts
Good luck on your move, Pablo. Remember you can still participate on the forum from anywhere in the world and we'll enjoy hearing from you whether or not you are sharing a project.

Reactions: Roy Drake

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,329 Posts
Congratulations on your move Pablo.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for your kind words!, of course I can still participate in this community, and I'm sure I will send some things I can buy here to Argentina to help my father.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Pablo, one of the best woodworkers ever to write how-to-do books was Tage Frid, one of the first contributing editors for the Fine Woodworking magazine, and he was born and served his apprenticeship in Denmark, so if you want to find woodworking while you are there I'm sure it exists.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Mi querido Pablo, felicidades y buena suerte en tu nuevo trabajo; estoy de acuerdo en todo lo que te han escrito anteriormente; tengo un amigo que es de Finlandia (cerca de Copenague) y vive aquí en mi Ciudad y me comenta que en ocasiones la temperatura es de -24 *C, y aún así la gente va a acampar :surprise:. Dinamarca tiene un poco "mejor " clima, pero si vete bien abrigado.

Espero como los demás que sigas con la carpintería por allá y aprendas nuevas cosas y que no te olvides de nosotros por acá en este bonito foro.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Best of luck, Pablo...

Hope to see you on the 'Net soon after you get there...

We'll be looking for you...

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Pablo, I can't say anything else that hasn't been said, already. Good luck with the new job and let your extended family know how you are doing from time to time.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Good luck, Pablo.

We, woodworkers are everywhere, even at Denmark. All the best for you in your new job.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts