Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, still restoring my Craftsmen, am getting ready to purchase the Mule 1050 Rip Fence and was thinking of also buying the 27" Mule Router Table. It looks really nice and basically will just extend my table saw out and make it a Router table as well. Table bolts right onto the Mule Rio Fence system. Yes I realize I could probably build this and save 200 bucks, but I'd rather get something like this, made to work together. Just cleaner to me.

My question is has anyone here purchased this??

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,688 Posts
Hi Tom.

I'm like you, I would rather have it work right out of the box than make do with good enough and some fiddling. Only thing about this is that it will eventually become annoying having to clear off the table saw to use the router. However, if you have tight shop space, it is a decent solution. If you gain more space, that mule unit might become the top you put on your table.

Even better if the mule will accept a twist lock type insert, or a full on router plate as in the picture. If you upgrade routers to something like the Triton, you will have to drill holes for mounting or at least for the the raise/lower handle shaft. If the mule has truss work underneath, you'll probably just leave it as an extension and build a new top with a router plate because those trusses will get in the way.

Having been stung by buying now without thinking or knowing about future needs, I thought I'd offer my 2 cents for your consideration.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
All the early Mule accessories were invented by Dave Wooland, a very talented woodworker from Ontario. His forte is in machine set up so the tools tend to be well thought out and functional. I bought my fence and sliding table, which it doesn't look like they sell anymore, directly from him at woodworking shows. I haven't been to a show in years so I don't know if he is still the principle of the company.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
All the early Mule accessories were invented by Dave Wooland, a very talented woodworker from Ontario. His forte is in machine set up so the tools tend to be well thought out and functional. I bought my fence and sliding table, which it doesn't look like they sell anymore, directly from him at woodworking shows. I haven't been to a show in years so I don't know if he is still the principle of the company.
I use to see him at the woodworking shows here in southern Ontario, Kitchener and Hamilton years ago. At that time he was selling a Redline table saw fence, but he hasn't attended one of those shows in years.

·
Registered
21,688 Posts
Trade shows are pretty expensive to attend. I wish they'd have some tiered pricing in a back area where the small companies could afford to set up cheaper. Many innovations show up in small company booths in my business, but sales don't offset costs most of the time, so they get frozen out. We are a high ticket item and seldom close a sale inside the exhibit hall. We do most of our work wandering in the education hall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.