Router Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,544 Posts
Wow is that ever well thought out . I was sceptical till I seen that the top could be locked down in order not to wooble after being raised .
You can certainly see a lot of thought threw the years went into designing this as they tried to design a way to get past each obstacle.

In my case , I want to match my table saws height in order to use it as an outfield table on occasion , so I need a variable way to set the height, and not in steps

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I like the cart, but like his shop even better. WOW, it's about 20 times the size of mine, and clean and well organized too. Take the time to subscribe to his videos and then sit back in amazement and dream for a few hours.

Charley

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I saw that cart on the other forum, it certainly is well thought out and constructed - too bad I don't have enough room for it. My adjustable workbench is sized to fit down the aisle between the table saw and my big bench, so only 30" wide, but the height adjusts to be able to use it as an outfeed table for the table saw but low enough to use for assembly. I did copy the plans for Woodsmith's Shop Cart that they're currently building on the TV show, I think I can make enough room for that and it should be handy for laying "stuff" on while I'm working.

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
How clever is that?

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
Yeah, nice. IF you have a huge shop like that to roll it around in. And he forgot the most important function, it's also a place to set your coffee cup down. Too gimmicky for me tho, a rolling workbench, if I needed one, would accomplish a good part of what that cart does, and would take a whole lot less time to make too. I'd pass on it even if I had room to maneuver it around. The guy must have had a load of free time to design, then build that thing.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Watched some of his videos on how he built pieces of benches & etc. This guy is very clever. I just wonder how long it took him to conceive the ideas & build the shop. I had the shop space until we sold our house and the shop went with it. (how stupid was that, dang it), but never had that array of workshop tools. Old shop was 1200sf, new one is 480sf but better than nothing.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Yeah, nice. IF you have a huge shop like that to roll it around in. And he forgot the most important function, it's also a place to set your coffee cup down. Too gimmicky for me tho, a rolling workbench, if I needed one, would accomplish a good part of what that cart does, and would take a whole lot less time to make too. I'd pass on it even if I had room to maneuver it around. The guy must have had a load of free time to design, then build that thing.
Theo this guy may be smart. If he is he could have a light that went off in his head and he made it.

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,544 Posts
I saw that cart on the other forum, it certainly is well thought out and constructed - too bad I don't have enough room for it. My adjustable workbench is sized to fit down the aisle between the table saw and my big bench, so only 30" wide, but the height adjusts to be able to use it as an outfeed table for the table saw but low enough to use for assembly. I did copy the plans for Woodsmith's Shop Cart that they're currently building on the TV show, I think I can make enough room for that and it should be handy for laying "stuff" on while I'm working.
I like yours a lot to Tom . That other one you posted with the open corner would be nice to have also ;)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Wow what a nice table/bench/cart. The thinking behind it is good, The statement ''completely home made'' is confusing. There is nothing home made about that shop. It is pro all the way. How much investment in that shop $$$$. This is a dream shop with a huge budget and if I ever win a lotto... This young man is well educated in woodworking, and is it possible that he might be sponsored by Festool ? so many of their tools everywhere. How about that table saw and combo joiner/planer, and the shaper, somewhere over the rainbow, that would be my pot of gold.

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
Theo this guy may be smart. If he is he could have a light that went off in his head and he made it.
Regardless, I could get a whole lot more use out of the two Tom posted. I like those a lot.

·
Super Moderator
5,814 Posts
Somehow, I missed this thread. All I can say is WOW! That's some workstation. Reading through the replies to his video on You Tube, it is obvious the woodworking world likes his project also. Other YouTube guys have chimed in with their accolades. And best of all, Mathias Wandell put a link to this video on his channel. That's pretty darn good praise right there.

If you think about it, that is not a very big footprint. Being able to walk around it would certainly be a plus, but it could be pulled away from the wall to rotate the top...or roll it outside when the weather is nice. That guy has put a lot of thought into his design.

Unfortunately, my shop is full up. Even my adjustable height/dual router workstation is hiding under the frame of my CNC. However, I am not giving up. I am tempted to buy his plans just to have them on hand. Heck, for under $10, I don't see where you can go wrong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts