Router Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently Infinity Tools came up with a multi Radius bit.
It will cut a 1/16" r., 1/8" r.,and 1/4"r, 1/16+1/8, 1/16r+1/8r+1/4r., plus a 1/4" bead+1/8r,+ 1/16 r. or bead.

I have found at least 7 profiles and there might be more.

It was $48. including the shipping, Less than $7.00 per profile.

I tried it on a hard piece of white oak and it cut really smooth with no burns. Also did the profiles in a piece of Doug Fir and it ut like melted butter.
Here are some pictures, sorry for the blurry ones, my photagraphy is worse than my woodworking.
Herb

Attachments

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
That's neat, Herb. Thanks.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Interesting Herb. That would be a great bit for a beginner with few or no bits and Infinity is very good quality.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
An interesting idea for milling picture frame stock as well.
I was thinking the same thing ,Tom.

Chuck you are right. And the set up is just a matter of switching bearings and setting the depth or height or both.

I did have to enlarge the plastic plate on the table. I had bought an extra at Rockler the last time I was there just for that purpose. I used a hole saw and the drill press.

@tomp913 That's an intriguing profile where you have the two radii stacked on top of each other.

Yes you can stack all 3 if you like and set them to cut a bead at the top ,or at the bottom or both, all would have a center radius then.
Another thing I like is I didn't have to creep up on them in increments, just one pass and it is done.
Herb

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Thanks for posting this, Herb. But every time I think I'm going to get off my peanut butter and jelly diet, something new comes along that looks irresistible. Just kidding. Seriously, I don't have a lot of good bits, especially since I now have a 1/2 inch shank router. I think this would be a good investment for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Herb,

I've recently purchased from Infinity on a couple of occasions and have seen that radius bit, it looked interesting. I don't have it in my wish list because it's not something I'll need any time soon but maybe some day I'll get it.

What I've been looking at is their 12" miter saw blade. I have their rule set and an adjustable square so far and I think I do have a router bit that I've purchased and so far I like their stuff.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Herb,

I've recently purchased from Infinity on a couple of occasions and have seen that radius bit, it looked interesting. I don't have it in my wish list because it's not something I'll need any time soon but maybe some day I'll get it.

What I've been looking at is their 12" miter saw blade. I have their rule set and an adjustable square so far and I think I do have a router bit that I've purchased and so far I like their stuff.
Bryon I bought some of their blades for the table saw a few years ago and they are good blades, their prices are .good too

Bryon,
You might check this out Diablo 12 in. x 100-Tooth Ultimate Flawless Finish Saw Blade-D12100X - The Home Depot and save some money ,has 10 more teeth too. I use the Freud 10" 90t blade on the TS and it gives superbly smooth finish on the cuts. I think HD is having a Black Friday sale today, too.

Herb

·
Registered
780 Posts
Bryon I bought some of their blades for the table saw a few years ago and they are good blades, their prices are .good too

Bryon,
You might check this out Diablo 12 in. x 100-Tooth Ultimate Flawless Finish Saw Blade-D12100X - The Home Depot and save some money ,has 10 more teeth too. I use the Freud 10" 90t blade on the TS and it gives superbly smooth finish on the cuts. I think HD is having a Black Friday sale today, too.

Herb
That's a great idea Herb and a great price. I do need to be a bit frugal at this time, my old blade is pretty shot and burns the boards on each cut.
Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Where did you find it?

I looked on Amazon and on the Infinity sites - both say out of stock. Where did you find it?

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
The best I can tell Home Depot's sale doesn't include saw blades. Let me know if you find out it does.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 16 of 16 Posts