Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Type 12 Musclechuck and 1/4" reducer adapter. Was purchased for someone here and then he decided he didn't want it so it's available.

Type 12 is for Hitachi routers. Musclechuck is slightly used, adapter is brand new.

$75 plus shipping from Detroit,MI or Windsor,ON.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Doug., you won't regret it, I'm sure that you already have a 4mm ball ended Allen key so that you can get started straight away.

Reactions: kp91

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ziegler WoodWork & Spec.

Hey Doug you are for sure buying this Chuck then? That would fit a MV12 Hitachi router too?
I bought that router back when Bob Rosenthal of Oak Park Enterprizes did all his presentations at the Wood Working shows probably 15-20 years ago. What a work horse. I've only put bearings in it once.
I have that same chuck on my Legacy. Those things are awesome.
You will really appreciate it.

kind regards,

Tim of ZWW&S

Reactions: harrysin

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
It fits the M12V2, M12VE, and the M12VC. I don’t know if it will fit an M12V. It has a completely different collet from the other 3.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thank you Sir
Good to have someone that knows his stuff.

So being the M12V is fairly old do you think those chucks are available for my model then?

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,788 Posts
Hey Doug you are for sure buying this Chuck then? That would fit a MV12 Hitachi router too?
I bought that router back when Bob Rosenthal of Oak Park Enterprizes did all his presentations at the Wood Working shows probably 15-20 years ago. What a work horse. I've only put bearings in it once.
I have that same chuck on my Legacy. Those things are awesome.
You will really appreciate it.

kind regards,

Tim of ZWW&S
Bought it, it's been in use for a little bit now!

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Doug you have a type 12 on an M12V? The 3 later models have a collet nut, the M12V doesn’t. On it you screw the collet itself into the shaft so I think the shaft is internally threaded as opposed to the other 3 being externally threaded (I’m not home so I can check). I’m fairly certain that the M12V has the same collet as an older Makita, maybe a 3604. Harry would probably recognize it. The newer 3 have the same collet as a Bosch 1617 (plus a bunch of DWs). I gave my son a 1617 and I’ve interchanged the collet on it with my V2 and VC.

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,788 Posts
Doug you have a type 12 on an M12V? The 3 later models have a collet nut, the M12V doesn’t. On it you screw the collet itself into the shaft so I think the shaft is internally threaded as opposed to the other 3 being externally threaded (I’m not home so I can check). I’m fairly certain that the M12V has the same collet as an older Makita, maybe a 3604. Harry would probably recognize it. The newer 3 have the same collet as a Bosch 1617 (plus a bunch of DWs). I gave my son a 1617 and I’ve interchanged the collet on it with my V2 and VC.
Nope, it's on the little one M12vc 2-1/4 HP

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Just an FYI, I posted a new Musclechuck with adapter that fits a DW 621, not sure of the MC number, back in Feb last year and it is still available. I have on on my router table and love it but i’ve Never put this one in play.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If I have time tomorrow I will take a pic. but I believe your right on the screw in collet.

I'll try to remember but Easter weekend lots going on.

By the way Happy Easter!
Hope everyone has a blessed Easter.

Kind regards,

Tim of ZWW&S

Reactions: kp91
1 - 12 of 12 Posts