Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, first post. Still researching the forums for a solution, I am sure others had the same issue.

I have a GOF 1600 available, but the collet size is 12mm and not 12.7mm. The 12.7mm version is labelled as GB (Great Britain), the one being offered in Pakistan is the EU version 12mm.

Would a musclechuck completely bypass that problem and allow me to use 1/2" router bits?

I am not well versed enough to make a judgement call on this. I have emailed at musclechuck website, but I am sure they are busy folks and will take a bit of time, especially with the holiday season queries coming in for them.

If the musclechuck is compatible, I would be replacing the collet and the nit with the musclechuck?

This rabbit hole all started for me because I wanted to build a wooden battery box for my lifepo4 battery. I am truly enjoying the learning experience and the intricacies involved that I never knew existed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Musclechuck is highly recommended among users, and I know they are used in metric system countries, so I am sure they have a some that will work for you. Here's the site compatibility page. Quick Change CNC Router Chuck Compatibility | Musclechuck Assembly
Thank you, I have checked the compatibility. The bosch router name is written GOF 1600. The model number is not written with it. My only concern is that most of the bosch models listed already accept the 1/2 inch or 1/4 inch collet provided by Bosch.

The version that I am thinking about, has a different base motor compared to the inches one. In the parts diagram, it looked very similar, but I am no expert at these things. My concern would be the screw used to attach the musclechuck into the router is universal? Basically what I am asking is, would the collet nut be any different for a 12mm when it is being attached to the router, because if the measurements are slightly smaller than a 12.7mm collet, would the musclechuck compensate for that?

Or is the collet nut standard size for imperial and metric, but the inside collets are different sizes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.