Registered
Theo
6,913 Posts
This is about as good as it gets.

Reactions: jj777746

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Nights in White Satin............ now that is one finely orchestrated piece of music

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I only listen to Classical music. Hard to post with so many noted composers symphony orchestras, quartets, musicians, etc.

·
Premium Member
19,237 Posts
@Knothead47
Here's "Winter" from Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons." The composer wrote many pieces for young musicians who formed odd combinations of instrumented orchestras. This probably helped him think out of the box. This is a wonderful piece and a favorite of mine.

·
Registered
Theo
6,913 Posts
I have loved classical music since my early, very early, teens. My vehicle radio is tuned to a classical station 99.9% of the time, and only changed with they play opera. But with youtube, I have watched a lot of flash mob classical orchestras, and have even learned to enjoy some opera flash mobs. Still hate opera on the radio tho. Here are two of my favorites.
Aida on a Harley.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwHh4b3xIuE
And, Hall of the Mountain King.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
DRT, I noticed that soloist played most her part with her eyes closed! It would take a lot of practice to hit the proper notes by placing the fingers in the exact place every time on the violin. Thanks for sharing the video.

·
Registered
Theo
6,913 Posts
For Bluegrass Annie Staninec is likely my all-time favorite.
Banjo Picking Girl
Orange Blossom Special
Wicked banjo picking, but most famous for her fiddle skills.

Reactions: gjackson52

·
Registered
Theo
6,913 Posts
1 - 20 of 53 Posts