Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drew my son this year and he wanted something for his garage to roll his pet food containers under. My family will get together January 8th to exchange gifts. This is what I came up with, it’s Maple.

thanks,
Bryan

Attachments

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate all of your nice comments. Thank you.
I know it too nice for a garage environment but when he told me what he wanted I couldn’t just give him something made with lumber, I have to use hardwood for my Christmas gift.
I’d been watching videos on loose mortise jigs and built a jig for this project. I really enjoy building things
and figuring out how to repair my mistakes and I made a fair share of them. I do find with the more experience it’s easier to find a way out of jam.

Happy New year from Indepedence Missouri.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I drew my son this year and he wanted something for his garage to roll his pet food containers under. My family will get together January 8th to exchange gifts. This is what I came up with, it’s Maple.

thanks,
Bryan
Wow Flip top plus it slides out. It looks great!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rick, yeah it’s kind of secret drawer, (good pickup you). I’ll surprise him with it, looks like a top but turns out it’s both a top and a lid. He’ll be able to mount shelves above it if he likes and still be able to pull it out as a work surface or open it. I had the idea and wanted to see if I could pull it off. I’m happy with it but we’ll see what he thinks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I appreciate all of your nice comments. Thank you.
I know it too nice for a garage environment but when he told me what he wanted I couldn’t just give him something made with lumber, I have to use hardwood for my Christmas gift.
I’d been watching videos on loose mortise jigs and built a jig for this project. I really enjoy building things
and figuring out how to repair my mistakes and I made a fair share of them. I do find with the more experience it’s easier to find a way out of jam.

Happy New year from Indepedence Missouri.
Nice job. How about sharing your mortise jig with the group. I have a very simple jig that has its origins at Santa Fe Community College and it is fun to see how others approached this problem.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bfblack, sure.
This is basically a jig made by watching a Woodsmith video plus other videos on YouTube. I combined features from other videos that I liked.

Attachments

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice job. How about sharing your mortise jig with the group. I have a very simple jig that has its origins at Santa Fe Community College and it is fun to see how others approached this problem.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts