Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather is bad so I can't make saw dust. So I thought I'd shake some saw dust off my brain and see if any of you agree with this.....

The picture below pretty well sums up your choice of options when it comes to my making you a sign. You can have any 2 of the 3 options......but you can't have all 3.

You can have your sign made "fast and cheap" but it won't be made "good".
You can have your sign made "cheap and good" but it won't be made "fast".
You can have your sign made "good and fast" but it won't be made "cheap".

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
John
6,834 Posts
:) So what is your answer when your competition says they can make them good and fast and cheap?

Reactions: Murtu01 and Frankj3

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:) So what is your answer when your competition says they can make them good and fast and cheap?
I don't know. I've never seen that happen. Guess there's a first for everything.

Reactions: Moz and Murtu01

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I don't know. I've never seen that happen. Guess there's a first for everything.
what is said and what happens...
two different animals???

Reactions: Murtu01 and Frankj3

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
When you make 'fast and cheap' then you compete will all the others that do that, when you make things that are beautiful, unique, hard to find, then make them slow and very good, these things are worth more money. If your customers don't want them, then find better customers. N

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
When you make 'fast and cheap' then you compete will all the others that do that, when you make things that are beautiful, unique, hard to find, then make them slow and very good, these things are worth more money. If your customers don't want them, then find better customers. N
yes....

Reactions: neville9999

·
Registered
4,352 Posts

But the shipping from China is expensive and you have to wait a long time.

HJ

Reactions: Frankj3

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
When it comes to pieces of consequence, I don't do "fast" and I never do "cheap"...I just attempt to do "good". Doesn't always turn out that way, but the effort was made and lesson's learned. Often leading to doing it again just because!

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,193 Posts
I remember an old business axion that said 20% of your customers will always want it cheaper, faster, and better. Send those to your competitor and focus on the 80% who like your service. Your competitor will be so busy dealing with unreasonable customers he won't have time to compete.

Years ago I had a customer tell me that my price was much higher than a competitor's and they would deliver faster. I said, "Wow, that's a great price! I don't know how they do it, but I suggest you take advantage of it before they change their mind." The customer was a little taken aback that I didn't try to beat the competition's price and said, "Well, okay, I'll go there."

About a month later the customer returned with a chagrined look on his face and admitted the competition delivered a very low quality product. He was now happy to use my service at my price and became a loyal customer.

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
That's covered by the little white spot in the middle. If the customer can jump through there they'll find what they are looking for on the other side, the dark side.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In reality, I would rather justify the price of quality than to have to apologize for an unsatisfactory product.

My policy is.....if you are not happy, for any reason, return the sign for a full refund, including the freight.

Whether it's my mistake or the customer's mistake.....it's my mistake and I will take it back.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts