Router Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
I am new here and new to CNCEST routers and have been doing woodworking all my life so i wanted to get into CNCEST routers.
So i purchased a CNCEST 6040 from e bay, not knowing it would come with no instructions or manual. So if there is anyone here that could help me i would greatly appreciate it.
I received my matching and put it together, i found the VFD set up and reprogrammed it and have the drive working, i can run the spindle in manual mode only but can not get the motors or any axis to move or to do anything. I have been in contact with my supplier multiple time and with very little help. I am using a widows 10 lap top , core i-7 version 10 and with mach 3 full version. When i set the parameters in mach 3 that i was given i can not get the motors to do anything but lock up when i flip the power switch on. Any advise from anyone on what i am doing wrong.

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,196 Posts
I don't know much about this CNC other than I've seen it in a few videos. A quick search just now returns several videos on setting up Mach3 on this machine so you might check those against the instructions you were sent and see if they match up. Please keep us posted on what you find! You may get someone here who knows, though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
I don't know much about this CNC other than I've seen it in a few videos. A quick search just now returns several videos on setting up Mach3 on this machine so you might check those against the instructions you were sent and see if they match up. Please keep us posted on what you find! You may get someone here who knows, though.
David
Thanks for your reply although i have been watching videos for the past 3-weeks and every CNCEST Mach 3 programming give a different set of programming data getting the correct pin and port settings is the issue I believe i having.

·
Official Greeter
19,753 Posts
Welcome to the forum, @Debo1961 .

I trust you get your issue sorted out.

Is the supplier a reputable business?

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Welcome to the Router Forums.

When you turn on the CNC and the motors lock up that is what you want it to do.

They have used several different control cards in these units and sometimes they send disks with the wrong drivers for that machine. What driver are you trying to use and did you save it to the plugins folder of Mach3? Are you getting any error messages when starting Mach3? Are you using the Reset button in Mach3 before trying to use it? Have you figured out how to get the jog screen to show for manually jogging the machine? Have you downloaded the Mach3 manual?

Reactions: difalkner

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the Router Forums.

When you turn on the CNC and the motors lock up that is what you want it to do.

They have used several different control cards in these units and sometimes they send disks with the wrong drivers for that machine. What driver are you trying to use and did you save it to the plugins folder of Mach3? Are you getting any error messages when starting Mach3? Are you using the Reset button in Mach3 before trying to use it? Have you figured out how to get the jog screen to show for manually jogging the machine? Have you downloaded the Mach3 manual?
No I still have issues
The program data the supplier sent me don't seam to work
I am trying to use Mach 3 with a windows 10 laptop will this laptop work or do I need a desktop?

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
What driver was supplied on the disk? Did you save it to the plugins folder in Mach3? Are you getting any error messages
when you try to start Mach3?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What driver was supplied on the disk? Did you save it to the plugins folder in Mach3? Are you getting any error messages
No disc no instructions

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
It really depends on which control card they used when they built your machine. I do know they used one from BitSensor for quite a few of them. If that is what they used then this link should help get you up and running.

file:///C:/Users/mebel/Downloads/USB%20Motion%20Controller/RNR%20motion/BuildYourCNC%20-%20Mach3%20USB%20Interface%20Board.html

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Sorry about that, I think I'm dealing with a second round of Covid right now.

Here is a good link to that site.

Reactions: difalkner

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello
It appears to be the same on that you have in you e-mail that is the most up to date card I recently took pictures and i matched up the BSMCEO4U-PP BITSENSOR.COM
I really believe the pin and port numbers i have are wrong, and. I am trying to get the correct pin and port numbers???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If anyone can direct me to get the correct pin and port settings for all my inputs and outputs that would be great?
I do not get any errors i have purchased a Mach -3 license i can load a sample and as i try to move any of the axis it shows movement on the screen but the spindle does nothing. I can run the spindle in manual mode only

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Everything you need is on that site I provided the link for. You can download the driver and all the information to hook everything up correctly. That page also has links to their youtube channel that showed you how to wire everything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.