Router Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I upgraded to Aspire 9 right before the user conference in Las Vegas last week. They had a good presentation on how to do 2 sided projects. Today I designed and cut my first 2 sided project, a trivet. It took some trial and error to figure out how to transfer vectors from one side to the other and how to cut the dowel alignment holes. I test cut a trivet out of 3/4" baltic birch plywood and it turned out just how I wanted. It's pretty cool to rotate it and see both sides in one window. Now on to cutting out more for gifts and my first craft fair coming up in a month.

Here are the renderings from my design.

Jay

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
No CNC, and won't get one, but that gave me an idea for a different chess/checker board.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Nice work! 2 sided design and milling is something I hope to try soon.:smile:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
One of the features I like the best about V9, CJ. That and the enhanced snapping/drafting features. A great looking project for your first try with a new feature. It deserves to be cut from whatever the best trivet wood is.

4D

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,228 Posts
Cool design and something non-cnc users could do with a dado stack on a table saw. Inspiration for all.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Neat looking design

I did a 2 sided trivet on the router table in the 90's, similar to one in the Router Workshop series.
I made this trivet design years ago on my table saw using a dado blade. I liked it and thought it was a natural for the CNC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.