Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw a box shape I liked, and immediately thought it had to made as a pair. I played with the shape on the screen and stretched and lowered it a bit before saving. Then mirror imaged it and saved that one.

Trouble is, I had a computer code I D ten T which was not apparent at first. I printed the mirror image template after the correct image, pasted them to the blanks, cut them out, and only then realised one of them was smaller than the other. Somehow the printer upsized the mirror image by about 10%. So one is almost an inch shorter than the other.

Still needs the insides flocked and 1 more coat of wipe on poly for finish.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Those are fantastic! I may have to try something like that if I can ever get into my shop again.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
very nice ...
I really like your choice of lay up...

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The blanks are layered mahogany and ply, 24mm ply between each piece. The front is padauk, and the handles are purpleheart

This is my first go at curved exteriors and it was harder to cut the curves than I thought it would be. I'm going to have to get a better blade i think for the bandsaw.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Very nice...and I can't see the difference in size from New York...

Wicked turns with this one... Bandsaw Blades 1/8 inch 14 TPI or something like it...

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
What Vince said.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Excellent, Bob! (or even Excellent Bob... ;) )

Just let folks think they're supposed to be one-off different sizes. I probably wouldn't even have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I like it

Very nice, Bob. Well done. Thanks for sharing.
I particularly like the effect of the striping from the plywood and the mahogany.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Bob, those are terrific. A "Him" and "Hers" Very unique design and great combination of woods to layer up. Those should be a hit. Good Job.

Herb

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,350 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Is it Christmas? Looks like ribbon candy, gimme some!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts