Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes there's always one :). am Darren and I am doing carpentry purely as a hobby. I received a portable blackspur 900 watt plunge router for a christmas present. It came with two collets (1/4" and 8mm), some other stuff and a very poor manual. Anyway I figured how most of it goes together an I fitted the 1/4" collet according the the manual and fitted the 1/4 " straight cut bit whch i noticed seemed to be inset so far I had to set the dept to maximum befroe it would clear the housing. This seems a bit odd to me. when i fired it up it only cut as deep as a few mm. I took out the bit and collet and put in the 8mm collete and i thought i'd try the dovetail cutter which requires the 8mmm collet (Noticce i spell collette diffrent everytime because I have no idea how to spell it :)) anyway , i dropped the bit in as far as it woulg go, according to the intructions and again i had to have the router set to maximum dpth before it would clear the housing and it like the straight cut bit only trimmrd a few mm of the wood. Like I said I am purely an amateur and I have never used a router before so I don't know what I'm doing with it. BTW there were also a couple of items that looked like a couple of swuare with curved springs coming out the back but I have no idea where they go. Can anyone help?

Thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,786 Posts
Hi darrenls59

It looks like the BlackSpur ER100 router (light green case) is about the same as the one Harbor Freight sells.
It's on the low end of routers.
But try this ,put the router bit in but don't put it all the way in the chuck that's to say just put it in about 1" in ,then lock it down in place.
Then give it a try.

Bj :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bobj3 said:
Hi darrenls59

It looks like the BlackSpur ER100 router (light green case) is about the same as the one Harbor Freight sells.
That sounds right.

bobj3 said:
It's on the low end of routers.
But try this ,put the router bit in but don't put it all the way in the chuck that's to say just put it in about 1" in ,then lock it down in place.
Then give it a try.

Bj :)
Are you sure that's safe? The bit won't fly out or the shaft break or anything like that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,786 Posts
darrenls59 said:
That sounds right.



Are you sure that's safe? The bit won't fly out or the shaft break or anything like that?
It should not :)
Just make sure it's locked or to say it's tight and don't over load the router or the bit, the router has a voice so to speak, it will tell you if you are over working it or under working it.

Bj :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bobj3 said:
It should not :)
Just make sure it's locked or to say it's tight and don't over load the router or the bit, the router has a voice so to speak, it will tell you if you are over working it or under working it.

Bj :)
I ended up taking the dust extractor attachment off for it to work right. Shame that blackspur would release it with this problem.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top