Router Forums banner

My latest Gumball Machine

8K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  RStaron 
#1 ·
I have just completed these three gumball machines. They are called; Granpa Gumball Machine. The plans are from www.meiselwoodhobby.com. They are made of Pine and on these three and my prototype MDF. Future ones will be made of all Pine. They were painted with Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint and a finish of two coats of spray on Poly. The hat is to be filled with 1/2" size gumballs. You turn the knob on the side of the hat and a gumball falls to the eyebrow and rolls either left or right and lands in the eye, turn the knob on the back of the machine and the gumball falls to the nose again turn the knob in the back the gumball falls to the mustache then to the chin and into the tray at the bottom. All the small parts were cutout of 3/4" pine on the bandsaw then glued together and sanded. These were time consuming to make. They have a plexi-glass front set in a saw cut on the side pieces. The sides are screwed to the base from the base bottom. They will be going into our booth at the Country Cottage Store at our local mall.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.