Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to make several more of these. A guy sent me a picture of their jacket patch and asked for a wood sign. It took a lot of designing to get it like this. There were a few things he needed to keep as close as possible to the patch. He loved the final outcome and now hoping I can sell more to the rest of their group members.
It's just shy of 19"x 19"

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a light Birch but stained with a dark walnut and Oak. The wings are natural. Everything is pocketed out. (Is that even a word? LOL) I then did 2 coats of clear gloss Polyurethane.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Did you bitmap trace the pattern or do it all from scratch? Were you able to find the right font, or have to improvise?? Bet it took more than 10 minutes on the computer. lol Kudos!!!

Reactions: OCEdesigns

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you bitmap trace the pattern or do it all from scratch? Were you able to find the right font, or have to improvise?? Bet it took more than 10 minutes on the computer. lol Kudos!!!
I did do a bitmap trace but still took a lot of time! The wings were killer! Had to find the best look while still being able to machine them to match. I probably have about 8 hours total in the design to make it all just right. Then hand staining the wings was another 3 hours.

Reactions: MEBCWD

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,544 Posts
Great job Chad . Can’t imagine the amount of work to get it to that point

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great job Chad . Can’t imagine the amount of work to get it to that point
Thanks Rick! Yeah it was a lot more than I originally anticipated that is for sure. The customer was super excited so it made it worth it. :grin:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Tom!
Thanks Mary!

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Outstanding!

·
Registered
Mike
3,836 Posts
Nicely done Chad. If he shows it to the rest of the group I'm sure you will be getting some orders for more plaques. You might also get orders for other chapters.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nicely done Chad. If he shows it to the rest of the group I'm sure you will be getting some orders for more plaques. You might also get orders for other chapters.
Thanks!
He just took it to a chapter meeting and they loved it! He's posting it on their Facebook page so hopefully I get lots of orders!

Reactions: MEBCWD
1 - 14 of 14 Posts