Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Just thought I would show you my little family as I am so proud of them and they have given me so much pleasure in the past. It is not often I manage to get them all together for a photo shoot so I took this oppertunity for the album:

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Mailee, that is one fine looking family you have there. I'm sure they bring you much pleasure and joy. Is there one hiding in the table?

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,065 Posts
Why don't you come clean Mailee and admit that you had all you're friends come round with their routers for the photo-shoot? (Only kidding) You don't know what you're missing by not having a plunge router with a round base.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No Dr Zook the Hitachi at the back is out of the table and IMHO is the best router for this too. The little kids are the ones at the front Bob although I could do with a small Bosch for my sign routing really, maybe in the future. As for the Triton and Millwaulkee I am afraid the Millwaulkee isn't available over here and I have considered a Triton for the table as I have heard good reports about them. Mind you if the Hiatchi is good enough for Bob and Rick in a table then I think that says it all really. I haven't tried a round base router Harry but normally use the round part of the base of most of them for a lot of jobs. I do have the Trend unibase but can't seem to line up more than a couple of holes in it so it doesn't get used. I have found that they do vary much in the dimensions of the base when using this as a guide although the big De Walt does seem to be consistant in it's area from the cutter to the outer edge. I think if I continue to collect them at this rate I will need a bigger shop though. :)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No RMaxa, it is not a granite top just some breakfast bar I had left over from fitting a kitchen countertop. It is well braced underneath and seems to do the trick. Thanks for the invite for my family to visit, but I thnk they are far too busy at the moment. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.