Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all i recently discovered this forum :)

I'm a CNC enthusiast who started with a totally diy cnc and now i go to a custom cnc (but with the help of one professional who cut the parts i need with an old school 2000Kg machine for the machined aluminum profiles).

I made some time ago a youtube channel and i upload my 3D carvings and some things i make with the cnc and i put in the video the speed, feed rates...

Here i make a presentation of my cnc and the things i think it's important and necessary in a cnc, in my first cnc i used sbr guideways and i think its an error (durability and precision it's important).

I go to stay here for some time i like to find people with similar hobby's ;).

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Welcome to the Router Forums.

Looks like you have built a real nice machine from scratch. I did go check out some of your other videos. I look forward to seeing some more of your work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum.
Welcome to the Router Forums.

Looks like you have built a real nice machine from scratch. I did go check out some of your other videos. I look forward to seeing some more of your work.
Thanks, in some days i continue with some tests with 3D carvings i go to try different settings for find the best quality/speed for carvings (accelerations, speeds and step-over passes).

·
Registered
Engineering
19 Posts
Thank you for sharing your project. You went into detail explaining the details of SVR linear rails. I have been using these on my 3D printer (12.75mm), but did not know they made larger ones suitable for CNC routers. I used openbuilds V-rails instead and now looking at how easy it is to design with SVR, I regret making that choice.

Rick H

1 - 7 of 7 Posts