Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to put my new table saw to good use and build in a router table between the rails. so far so good, I've used it to rout 23/32 dados in 42"x23" panels that I'm using for an entertainment center I'm building. I love the huge space the table saw offers.
Check it out

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Nicely done. Another method for creating adjustable height legs is to run a lag bolt in the bottom of the leg, turning to adjust the height. Your method will work better since you move the table often.

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Fine looking router table rprice. The price is right also. Sometimes simple is best. It's what ever works best for you.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Great job rprice. I just used my router to trim down a door and could sure have used the extra space you've got. At $30 I guess the 'r' in your name stands for 'right'. :D

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi rprice54

A " X " brace from one leg to the other would do it and it would be a easy fix :)

This way it can't fold up and because it's bolted to the saw it can't drop or move from side to side. :)

Just my 2 cents :)

Bj :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
As meister Bj has pointed out an X brace is good idea and will keep the only two screws you have used to connect to the top part/table from folding on themselves.

But, keep in mind that weather always effects wood and when it gets cold and the legs and the extenders shrink, that one bolt you have on there will let the legs drop. If you are in a middle of a job and are putting some pressure on your work, that’s all she wrote…

So, once you have the height adjusted, drill one hole in each of the leg extenders and right through the legs and put a another bolt/screw in there so there won’t be an accidental drop.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see what you are saying, let me add this:

first- I adjust the legs every time I pull out the saw, so I don't think weather will affect it that much during a single day in the shop. I used wing nuts on the adjustable part so it's easy to tighten and release. and once they're tightened, the feet aren't going anywhere.

also- I don't NEED the legs. The aluminum rails of the table saw support the table on it's own. I added to legs to be sure I don't bend the rails over time- so even if the legs get kicked out during use the table won't fall away. I don't leave the router in the table when I'm not using it for the same reason.

I am going to add some rubber pads to get better grip because the legs occasionally get knocked out every once in a while by the shop vac when I'm moving it around- but the table doesn't go anywhere. I will probably eventually make the legs diagonal to the base of the saw so I don't have to worry about adjusting them at all.

I think I need to add a switch though... right now the power is through a heavy duty 15amp breaker- but it's behind me which means I have to look away from the router to turn it off- or reach under the table- not so safe.

thanks for the comments, though, I'm all about being more carefull in the shop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.