The rough-in framing and electrical inspection went really well. The inspector said that he hopes to be the one to come back and see it finished up,
I discovered something:
I fitted my first piece of plywood, before installing the insulation. When I went to install the plywood, my receptacle cutout was off side-to-side by about a half on am inch.
It seems that the insulation bowed out the stud in the middle. Not every stud is fastened in the middle.
They will be now! I wanted to pass this on. It is only 1/2" wider that the spacing. Very common, but on the outside walls the studs are fastened to the outer sheating. My walls are mounted independently against the outer, metal walls. They are captured/fastened at the floor and top plate. It's the middle that is not. causing the bow.
I will attach each stud now, in the middle using some angle iron with some holes drilled to accept screws.
Learning as I go.
It's been a while. I have been steady at it! The walls and baseboards have been completed.
I picked up all of the "New" purchased equipment! The Lathe, and Table-saw have been located and leveled! I still have to wire up the Table-saw. I mounted a piece of 2X4 on each side of the saw, just to ensure that it won't move. During the leveling process, the slightest movement threw my machinist level off. This was due to the floor not being perfectly flat, machinist twerk! lol
The drum sander still needs to have the digital height gauge installed and tweeked.
Next will be the bandsaw.
By the end of the week I should have my dust collect system in. I want to have it ready when I start cutting stuff up.
It is really starting to come together!
Very nice shop. You appear to have plenty of room. I have a Oneda Gorilla dust collector. The motor and collection bin are located in a room directly connected to the shop with an 8 inch insulated wall in between, and yet the motor is quite loud. Just sharing as you may want to try and provide some sound proofing for your dust collector. We appear to have the same type of table saw. Had mine about two years and it works great with a Forester II combination blade. Continued good fortune with your new shop.
I have inserted 1 1/2" Styrofoam in each panel to curb the noise. The Rockler system is 650 cfm. The larger machines max requirement is 400 cfm. I will be only running only one machine at a time. Making it mobile cuts down on loss volume. My hoses will be minimal in length.
I am making mine mobile with 2 floor sweeps that can be located at each pile of sawdust for removal.
With the 'I" beam and crane going down the center of the 40" span, the ductwork, and sizing of the system would be very costly and oversized, not practical.
My table-saw, Bandsaw, and Lathe are the only fixed machines. Everything is mobile! I started making everything this way years ago. I had a vision! Lol
On Thursday I had my final inspection! I passed with flying colors! The inspector told me that my inspection was the easiest one that he has had to do in quite a while. That made me feel really good.
I am still soaking it all in!
Thanks to everyone who has been with me so far! Every comment has been very satisfying to me! It keeps my grounded and focused...
A forum community dedicated to router and woodworking professionals and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about different types of routing and routers, shop safety, finishing, woodworking related topics, styles, tools, scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!