Router Forums banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
That's a very nice shop you have there. Are you ever going to have fun!!!!

Reactions: Arcola60

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thanks everyone.
The rough-in framing and electrical inspection went really well. The inspector said that he hopes to be the one to come back and see it finished up,

I discovered something:
I fitted my first piece of plywood, before installing the insulation. When I went to install the plywood, my receptacle cutout was off side-to-side by about a half on am inch.
It seems that the insulation bowed out the stud in the middle. Not every stud is fastened in the middle.

They will be now! I wanted to pass this on. It is only 1/2" wider that the spacing. Very common, but on the outside walls the studs are fastened to the outer sheating. My walls are mounted independently against the outer, metal walls. They are captured/fastened at the floor and top plate. It's the middle that is not. causing the bow.
I will attach each stud now, in the middle using some angle iron with some holes drilled to accept screws.
Learning as I go.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
It's been a while. I have been steady at it! The walls and baseboards have been completed.
I picked up all of the "New" purchased equipment! The Lathe, and Table-saw have been located and leveled! I still have to wire up the Table-saw. I mounted a piece of 2X4 on each side of the saw, just to ensure that it won't move. During the leveling process, the slightest movement threw my machinist level off. This was due to the floor not being perfectly flat, machinist twerk! lol
The drum sander still needs to have the digital height gauge installed and tweeked.
Next will be the bandsaw.
By the end of the week I should have my dust collect system in. I want to have it ready when I start cutting stuff up.
It is really starting to come together!
Building Wood Hall Floor Flooring
Asphalt Wood Gas Flooring Composite material
Building Fixture Gas Machine Gas pump
Wheel Medical equipment Tire Window Gas
Automotive design Floor Flooring Wood Machine tool

·
Official Greeter
19,988 Posts
Wow, that's bigger than my house.......

Great build.

Reactions: TenGees

·
Registered
92 Posts
Very nice shop. You appear to have plenty of room. I have a Oneda Gorilla dust collector. The motor and collection bin are located in a room directly connected to the shop with an 8 inch insulated wall in between, and yet the motor is quite loud. Just sharing as you may want to try and provide some sound proofing for your dust collector. We appear to have the same type of table saw. Had mine about two years and it works great with a Forester II combination blade. Continued good fortune with your new shop.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Thank You Lawseeker and Paul!

I have inserted 1 1/2" Styrofoam in each panel to curb the noise. The Rockler system is 650 cfm. The larger machines max requirement is 400 cfm. I will be only running only one machine at a time. Making it mobile cuts down on loss volume. My hoses will be minimal in length.

I am making mine mobile with 2 floor sweeps that can be located at each pile of sawdust for removal.
With the 'I" beam and crane going down the center of the 40" span, the ductwork, and sizing of the system would be very costly and oversized, not practical.

My table-saw, Bandsaw, and Lathe are the only fixed machines. Everything is mobile! I started making everything this way years ago. I had a vision! Lol

On Thursday I had my final inspection! I passed with flying colors! The inspector told me that my inspection was the easiest one that he has had to do in quite a while. That made me feel really good.

I am still soaking it all in!

Thanks to everyone who has been with me so far! Every comment has been very satisfying to me! It keeps my grounded and focused...

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Congratulations and well done! The only thing left is to shows us some pics when you have everything in its place and of course the first project. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Just a little update. My bandsaw has 2- 4" ports. Since my dust collection system is mobile, I did not want 2 heavy long hoses off the cyclone separator. I decided to mount a 5' piece of 4" schedule 80 PVC to the wall. It will allow me to setup an out-feed table off of the BS, and no tripping hazards. Also the hose is $7.25 per foot!

The Blue Cube aka R2-D2 is fully functional, filtering the air and cooling me off.

I am setting up some temporary work stations so that I can actually make some end-grain cutting boards! I have a few wedding gifts to deliver.

Once I get those behind me I will start on the Sawmill assembly...

More to come!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Beefed up my original sawhorses and workbench combo. Now I can use my hand planes without my bench flexing, front to back.

I laid out some boards. Getting ready to make some end grain cutting boards.

I am finally setup enough to make an official project.
Wood Table Gas Engineering Flooring
Wheel Tire Wood Automotive tire Road surface
Table Wood Textile Rectangle Flooring
Blue Wood Flooring Floor Rectangle

81 - 100 of 100 Posts