Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,
this is my new workbench that i built, took about 4 days. it originally was just a pine dinning table that i got from freecycle, but i thought it could do with a bit of smartening up.
the top is made from two tops of pine dinning table and the legs are fench post that i had spare.
the draw i took off one of the tables and made it fit and the record vice was also from freecycle (a real stroke of luck that bit).
all in all the total cost= £0.
with money a bit tight at the moment i think it turned out ok.
hope you like it.

chris......

Attachments

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Very nice use of free material Chris. Job well done.

·
Registered
607 Posts
hi everyone,
this is my new workbench that i built, took about 4 days. it originally was just a pine dinning table that i got from freecycle, but i thought it could do with a bit of smartening up.
the top is made from two tops of pine dinning table and the legs are fench post that i had spare.
the draw i took off one of the tables and made it fit and the record vice was also from freecycle (a real stroke of luck that bit).
hope you like it.

chris......
Nice looking bench I check out Freecycle too, wow you got the Record vice too, brill.
Is the bench heavy enough? If not you could always load up some concrete blocks underneath.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Good job, 0 cost is good!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a nice beech bench top from a school that closed down, I also have the same Record vice (well I actually have more than enough vice's) that doesn't have a bench dog built into its casting and was planning on adding a 3/4" hole (for a bench dog) in the wooden jaw cover just like you have done.

Just not got round to it yet.

Yours looks good, especially when it cost nothing.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Oh and Freecycle is ace, we use it quite a bit.
Just put an advert up with the details of something we don't need, bit of e-mail exchanges and someone comes and picks it up.
See an advert for something we could do with? Just e-mail the person with it and maybe get it for free.

Its how recycling should work.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You Tube Workbench

Hello Trojan62,

For what it's worth. Here is a video by Bosch...(or I should say buy Bosch) on how they built a workbench.

I personally like yours better, because of the price !

Cheers.
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Build a Workbench - Build it with Bosch - YouTube
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

hi everyone,
hope you like it.

chris......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts