Router Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my favorate drill is pritty much done i got it used from my uncle for crismas he is a contractor. i love my impact drill. with a new battery i could replace it (12 volt) i use it all the time and its got a plastic piece that has broken off of it where the motor is there dust and stuff inside and i think its mainly just from normal use. i want a lithum ion and i have a bunch of drills mainly chap little ones except for this dewalt im 14 years old and i dont have much money but i want to get a drill that will stand by me for at least 20 years i could replace this one and it would probly work for the next 5 years im wondering if i should sell my crappy firestone drill that i never use and my cheap drill that my granpaw gave me at crismas and buy a new cordless impact drill or just replace the battery on this one and if i buy a new one what kind should i get mikita,milwalki,craftsman,ryobi,ridgid, if you a cordless hammer drill tell me what kind is and how good it is oh ya and i want a 18volt not a 12volt

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
For a 14 year old with no funds, I think you are being a little on the ambitious side, however I do admire these ambitions.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
How much drilling into cement and concrete are you doing? This is the reason to purchase a hammer drill, and you are far better off buying one that runs on AC power. If you want a good quality cordless drill which will last you a long time for a very reasonable price look at the Makita 9.6 volt drills. You will often find them at flea markets and garage sales for around $5. I used these drills for many years commercially and own 5 of them. Yes, the new 18 and 24 volt drills have more power, the lithium ion battery models are a great advance in battery life. If you want an inexpensive tool that will perform well and last the Makita's are hard to beat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts