Router Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I love it, Frank. Especially since I've seen some of your fantastic sign work, I really should print this and hang it on the wall above my monitor for when I'm drooling over a lot of high priced shop doo-dads that I see advertised. It's a good reminder that you don't have to spend a fortune to be able to do good work.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Outstanding! Made me laugh this morning.

Reactions: Frankj3

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Think of the property tax savings ....!!
Kurt.....I have a another plan, if my better half and I can agree on things.

We live in a city that you dang near have to have a permit to die. They permit EVERYTHING......except vehicles. So here's my plan.

I want to get me an enclosed utility trailer, build my wood shop inside the trailer and then park it in my backyard. I'll keep the tags up so they can't argue that it's not a trailer.

I don't plan on joining the craft show circuit.....but if I ever change my mind, my shop will be ready to go.

To put a shed in my backyard requires a $500 engineering fee to see if the plans meet hurricane wind standards. Then you need the building permit and inspection, the electrical permit and inspection, and plumbing permit and inspection. And none of these are free......

But, since I have backyard access, and no HOA, I can park a trailer in my backyard.

At first, my bride of nearly 40 years was in agreement. But now, she thinks I will be too cramped for space. So she's leaning towards building a shed.

Part of me wants the larger shed......but the majority of me wants to "get one over" on the city. (Insert evil laugh at this point!) LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

We shall see what we shall see........

:)

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
My complements on the paint booth. Good in the morning when it isn't windy. I thought of going to an appliance store and using appliance boxes. Use it a couple of times, cut it up and recycle it.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Frankj3

How about gutting a small RV camper. That might get you up to a 10 x 30.
That's a really good idea Jon......gonna give that some thought. Could always use another bathroom too. LOL

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Had a thought last night- scary, isn't it? We use corrugated plastic 4x8 sheets for target backstops at our local gun club. I thought that the panels could be cut and joined together so they could be folded up for storage. I think they get the panels at a local sign shop. I'll find out tomorrow evening.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts