Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here and thought I would post a few pictures of what I like to do. I have a CNC on order and when it shows up I will have some different types of projects. These are all scroll saw and lathe.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Cool. Let us know what kind of machine you're getting and what software you'll be using.

·
Registered
17,389 Posts
Wow Rusty you do some nice work . No idea how you pulled off the bowl in the third pic. Thanks for sharing. ;)

Ok looking again I got it . Sure looks like a lot of work , but great outcome. Can hardly imagine what you’ll be building with a cnc

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John I ordered the Piranha XL that comes with a laser and forth axis. The software that comes with it is vcarve desktop 9.5. I have seen all of the new additions to version 10 and will do the upgrade. I have been watching a lot of videos on YouTube on using the software and machine. Can’t wait to get started.

·
Retired Moderator
16,386 Posts
The turnings are nice Rusty, especially the segmented one.

Reactions: Rusty Nesmith

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
you do some mighty fine work Rusty..

Reactions: Rusty Nesmith

·
Registered
18,989 Posts
Wow, That's some beautiful work. I like everything, however the blonde bowl with cover is exceptional to me. Glad you decided to jump in the forum.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, That's some beautiful work. I like everything, however the blonde bowl with cover is exceptional to me. Glad you decided to jump in the forum.
Thanks. That is some 1 inch thick spalted maple I glued together to practice. I am still fairly new on the lathe and hate to use woodcthat is too expensive.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Welcome to the gang, Rusty.
Very nice products without a CNC machine.
I like the most the vase in the second picture.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts