I was setting up to route a shallow dado using my old Porter Cable 7518 in the table. Got the bit height set perfectly to my satisfaction and I hit the switch to turn the router on. I had forgotten to tighten the base clamp. The starting torque of the router instantly unscrewed the motor from the base. Down on the floor she went, where she writhed around a bit until I killed the power. Lucky for me, I was using a remote starter switch instead of the switch on the router itself. That would have put my hands too close to the falling motor and increased the temptation to try to catch it. As it was, the only harm done was that the bit shaved the insulation off about 6 inches of the power cord. Not quite enough to let the sparks out, but enough that I'll need to replace the cord. Now I gotta figure out a fail-safe to be sure that doesn't happen again.