Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from NC visiting the son and family. Grandkids!!! Anyway he has limited space, time, and tools, but managed to make a full sized bed for his oldest, who recently turned 4. Took a while, but he found some rough western cedar and did a LOT of sanding. He had all the pieces made and polyed (no stain) so the two of us put together. Kinda neat experience.

Attachments

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
Nice bed. But I don't recall the phone ringing, with you calling so we could go out for coffee.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Hope I don't sound like nosy smart arse John,but you aught to tell your son to shave/sand the sharp corners off any areas where the young man could hurt himself. It is a terrific bed & any boy or girl would love it. best wishes, James.

·
Premium Member
20,438 Posts
Really nice. I agree on doing some roundovers. I always have bruises on my thigh from running into the sharp corners at the foot of my bed. Getting up in the dark, that happens. But I bet the little guy loves it.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Good John, and you and your son did good on the bed. Your grandson looks like he is going to enjoy that a lot.I agree with the sharp corners on cedar can give off some nasty slivers. I love the grain of cedar.
Herb

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good John, and you and your son did good on the bed. Your grandson looks like he is going to enjoy that a lot.I agree with the sharp corners on cedar can give off some nasty slivers. I love the grain of cedar.
Herb
Son did it all (with a little assistance from the little guy). I just helped assemble the pieces. Don't think he even thought about rounding the corners. Of course, then he would have an excuse to get a router.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts