Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We closed last week on the future retirement property in middle Georgia. Everyone thinks we are crazy to move from Denver Colorado to Warner Robins Georgia but we want to be closer to our granddaughter and after 50+ years of dealing with the cold winter climate, I am ready for a warmer venue.

The house is on 2.44 wooded acres that slopes so it has 765 sq. ft. of usable space in the unfinished walkout basement. This will become the new shop. I have been sharing my 2-car garage as my shop since the early '90's and rarely did any woodworking during the winter months.

The power panels are in the basement and there is a crawlspace at one end where I will house the compressor and dust collector to reduce noise in the shop.

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome to Georgia..... That's a nice space for your shop... Easy to heat, and probably won't need A/C .....
You'll love the Winter weather here....

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Rich this would be a shop of my dreams. We moved from the country to the city to be near the grand kids and I lost shop space big time and my wife still has to have her car in the garage. :crying: You came out a lot better than me and I am happy you did. You are really going to enjoy your new shop.

·
Premium Member
19,240 Posts
Licking my chops over that spacious shop of yours. Mine is just 12x24 and packed to the rafters with gear. Happy for your new situation.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I will send more photos once we get settled in and I can get around to laying out the shop. I see a full sized bandsaw and drill press in my future too. I have been getting by with bench top models for many years.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Not sure what emoticon to use for envy, but put about a dozen of them here. My basement shop is smaller than Tom's. You can tell how crowded it is by the black and blue marks on my arms and legs, and the occasional one on my head. My wife says the ones on my head are worthless since they haven't knocked any sense into me yet.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Welcome to Georgia..... That's a nice space for your shop... Easy to heat, and probably won't need A/C .....
You'll love the Winter weather here....
Welcome to GA.... you'll need an AC!

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
CA... AC is is a must...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts