Router Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is RJ. I’ve been doing woodworking for many years. I was fortunate enough to have a table saw, drill press and joiner. I bought these when the Sears tool stores went out of business at a 60% discount. Anyway I’ve built a few things, a desk, a display cabinet, things like that. I tried some smaller projects, like a music box and found out small projects are 10 times harder than larger projects. Anyway I’m 72 years old. I recently received my tax refund. I figured all these years I’ve done without a good router table. I was also using a small 1 ¼ hp router. I decided that it’s time to upgrade. I bought two Porter Cable 892 routers. Then a horizontal router table, and a standard router table and stand. Then decide to get a manual lift for the standard router table. I guess I’m ready to start making sawdust again. Looking forward to learning more, and perhaps share some knowledge.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
@rjbman - welcome to the forums RJ - sounds you've got lots of experience "working wood". There's lots of friendly folks around here so don't hesitate to take part in the discussions.
I think you can post pictures from your computer without needing 10 posts. But if you say hi a few times you'll be at 10 in no time.

Put up some pictures of your setup - we like pictures.

When you get a chance, update your profile with a general location - it helps others help you with location-specific information if you need.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi RJ and welcome. We're a friendly bunch here. Feel free to join in.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum RJ

·
Registered
21,666 Posts
Glad you could join the fun. Around here, you're almost a kid. Lot's of us started a bit late. And you are right, some of the small projects are more demanding than the big ones. But take your time and things will become easier. And we all love answering questions if you have any.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.