1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
excellent...

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Thanks, Kurt. So good to see reverence and pride shown in and to our country's anthem.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Outstanding! I didn't see what I would call reverence as I didn't see any of the hockey players with the hand over the heart. Not familiar with hockey teams. Were they Canadian, by any chance?
It gripes me to see people talking to their friends or on their cell phones during the national anthem.
Are you veterans aware that Congress has authorized you to salute the flag outdoors with a hat on (cover to you Marines)? Not necessary to remove your hat as is mentioned before the national anthem. Most people aren't aware of this. I was watching a TV show where a disabled veteran had a house modified to accommodate him. I noticed a fellow in the crowd saluting the flag in front of the house. That's when I did the research.
Google- veterans saluting the flag.
During a baseball game, I kept my hat on and the clown behind me remarked to someone beside him that I was disrespectful. I was standing "at ease" and snapped a salute when the national anthem began and faced the flag the entire time. I never did turn around to get his reaction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts