Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
]:)need an inexpensive route to a template with 8 letters cut into wood, tin, acrylic or whatever is the least expensive. I have a jigsaw but am not so good at letters or close work so need to purchase a templete for fast spraypainting. Don't know where to look in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana area. Appreciate any suggestions from the members. Thank you, clarice :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well bugger! I didn't read your post, just the heading and thought you wanted a template for "routing" letter signs and not jigsaw. I spent 30 minutes searching for and scanning 4 pages out of my 1968 Popular Mechanics set for the template.

No worries, here it is anyway... Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
fe fe fe fe fe fe fe.....well clarice.......buy a router and a 3d pantograph......sorted....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sorry....Clarice......
Route - best configuration of turns and directions to get from one place to another....
Router - Motor driven power tool which enables the accurate and specific removal of wood(or other materials) to achieve wooden joints or relief patterns/signs...
different things...
try Via Michelin...really good route planner..

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,217 Posts
]:)need an inexpensive route to a template with 8 letters cut into wood, tin, acrylic or whatever is the least expensive. I have a jigsaw but am not so good at letters or close work so need to purchase a templete for fast spraypainting. Don't know where to look in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana area. Appreciate any suggestions from the members. Thank you, clarice :)
I'm not sure I understand your question Clarice, but I think you want to end up with an 8 letter stencil to spay paint the same sign multiple times. It that's the case your nearest Hobby Lobby or Michaels store has lots of thin plastic material that can be cut with an xacto knife to make an easy stencil. You can even buy pre-made, individual 3D letters cut from 1/4" plywood or mdf to use as a template for the stencil. Just trace around the letters for your cutting pattern. Remember that for some letters (A, O, B, P ... etc.) will need to leave some of the stencil material so you don't lose the centers. Most computers have a font named Stencil or similar. I would use that font to print out the 8 letters I wanted and cut my stencil from that. Hope I have interpreted your question correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts