Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

A few months back I purchased a Bosch router table (RA1171). Impulse buy.

I had been looking at routers on amazon and was attracted to the Freud FT3000VCE 3-1/4-HP. High rating and 5 year warranty.

However it is not listed in the manual as compatible with the included table plate. My options are: Buy a compatible router or create / obtain a compatible plate.

Any advice, howto's, guides re: my options?

Thanks,

Darin.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Hi all,

A few months back I purchased a Bosch router table (RA1171). Impulse buy.

I had been looking at routers on amazon and was attracted to the Freud FT3000VCE 3-1/4-HP. High rating and 5 year warranty.

However it is not listed in the manual as compatible with the included table plate. My options are: Buy a compatible router or create / obtain a compatible plate.

Any advice, howto's, guides re: my options?

Thanks,

Darin.
Hi - Welcome to the forum:)

I don't know if your plate is already drilled or not. You could drill it for the Freud. If it's already drilled you will just have a couple of extra holes. You may check and see if this plate is the right size for your table:
Router Table Plate
Not sure about getting a directly compatible plate although I think a few places will custom drill one for you...... at a price. You can check Peachtree or Woodpeckers. Pretty sure one of them offer custom drilling.
Good Luck:)

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
What do the Marines say?

Improvise, adapt, overcome? ;)

I'd lean toward re-drilling your existing plate to match the Freud router - assuming the plate is sturdy enough.

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Darin, very few tables are set up to match different routers. It is easy to drill the correct mounting hole pattern and directions are on the forums. Please do not buy your router based on a printed description. Each router has slightly different controls and a very different feel in your hands. The only way to know which is right for you is to put your hands on them. After you have decided which one feels best to you is the time to shop for the best price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info

Thanks, I've checked out a few things already.

I'll check the forums re: machining a blank plate. Spending money with Woodpeckers, etc. for a drilled to order plate is an option for me.

Will try to get some hands on experience. If worse comes to worse I'll 'Buy and try'.

Thanks again.

Darin

·
Registered
7 Posts
+1 on drilling the plate yourself. I have a Freud mounted in a Rockler aluminum plate and had to drill mounting holes. Most aftermarket stuff is designed to fit Porter Cable and a few other brands and then you're on your own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts