Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum. Found it while trying to find a router part. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Just picked up a Craftsman router at Sears. Model #28190, 2 1/4 hp. It was on the clearance rack for $26.93. regular price $139. It was their floor model. Good deal, but it didn't come with the detachable power cord. I searched the Sears parts website, they wont have the power cord in stock until June 1st. Does anyone know of a website that sells Craftsman parts other than searspartsdirect.com? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
New to this forum. Found it while trying to find a router part. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Just picked up a Craftsman router at Sears. Model #28190, 2 1/4 hp. It was on the clearance rack for $26.93. regular price $139. It was their floor model. Good deal, but it didn't come with the detachable power cord. I searched the Sears parts website, they wont have the power cord in stock until June 1st. Does anyone know of a website that sells Craftsman parts other than searspartsdirect.com? Thanks!
Hi Indy - Welcome to the forum:)
Unfortunately, Sears tends to be somewhat possesive/protective of their parts. The 3 digits preceding the model number on the plate (looks kinda like NNN.28190) should be the mfg code. Post that and maybe someone can check it out to a manufacturer and get one that way. Other than that, maybe see if you can find a plug that will fit in there and make your own power cord..... I think that's probably a long shot though.

·
Registered
861 Posts

Wow, that's one heck of a deal. Same router that's in the 28084 set, it looks like these are going away.

I'd love to pick up a spare motor at that price or even double.

·
Official Greeter
18,737 Posts
Welcome to the router forum.

Thank you for joining us

·
Registered
2 Posts
same boat

I did the same thing bought mine with no power cord just wondering if you found a solution i looked on sears parts and it said the item is no longer available

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Kevin

You can still get one from Sears I know because I did, it took a bit of time but you can't pass this plug..It's a one of a kind or to say the only one that will work on it..

The new router below as the same plug on it and you can use that router number to get one..

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

==

I did the same thing bought mine with no power cord just wondering if you found a solution i looked on sears parts and it said the item is no longer available

1 - 6 of 6 Posts