Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Obviously Dan is just as baffled as I am. But he hasn't lost his sense of humor in the meantime. In the spirit of Dan's comment I'm going to guess that it's a Rube Goldberg designed wine bottle cork remover. Or maybe a cork installer. In fact, maybe it will do either one.

Reactions: Danman1957

·
Registered
204 Posts
some bigger images wouldn't hurt; can't really see the details

Any markings or brand name, PN etc visible anywhere?

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Couple of questions Joe. When you turn the handle does the bottom part of that spin and/or does it go up and down? The one stationary handle looks like it was either for leverage or to hold to prevent the rest from spinning. What happens when you lift/lower the levered handle? There is a bad shadow on the 3rd picture by the way. If you could eliminate that and get a little closer it would help.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
In all seriousness, it may not actually be a tool. Possibly an operator; part of a larger assembly? I'm wondering if that finger squeeze thing advances the shaft, or acts as a brake release on the shaft's ability to rotate?
More info definitely required.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi. I am sorry. I tried to put more info and pictures on but every time I try getting on I have to get a new PW. This site is very unstable on my computer and I am going to get off. Again sorry for the question and inability to give more info. Joe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi. Finally. Here are more pics and info. In the first pic you can see the bottom angled piece with a point has numbered markings from 3 to 8. in the second pic the silver piece next to the red is adjustable with a bolt and looks like two round bars can be clamped The handle with the red ball and the red curved handle in the last pic when squeezed pull up the pointed silver piece to the pice that can take the two round pieces. The handle with the black ball when turned CCW unthreads from the whole device. When turned CW will not turn when the two red handles are squeezed and this is clamped to something. But I can not see what holds it clamped except to keep squeezing the two red handles. No other markings that I can see.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Hi. I am sorry. I tried to put more info and pictures on but every time I try getting on I have to get a new PW. This site is very unstable on my computer and I am going to get off. Again sorry for the question and inability to give more info. Joe

Hi, Joe...send a note or post to @Cricket ...maybe she can provide some assistance with your password problem...

Reactions: Cricket

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
SWMBOJr has one of those openers that leaves the rim on the lid and the razor edge all the way around the top of the can! Who comes up with these harebrained concepts?

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's clearly some sort of special clamp/installer device. First, you clamp something using the pistol style grip? then turn the handle to depress something? Need a closer look at the rectangle mount thingie. Possibly for brakes?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow, great pics. The tip has a carbide drill on it. It looks like the rectangular thing pulls rather than pushes whatever it is clamping then drills into masonry?, steel plate? The numbers are metric maybe.
More thoughts, The rectangle thing clamps to metal? rods to hold the tool firmly. Then drill into a drum maybe or sheet metal tank. The puncture device (not the drill) might be backwards. It has clearly never been used. The numbers look like they are in centimeters. I still have no idea what the heck this is for.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts