Router Forums banner

Need Help from you Probotix guys

12K views 95 replies 11 participants last post by  honesttjohn 
At least they're going to fix it for you, so that's a good thing. Fry's is bound to have an adapter. I've only been in Fry's once but they had just about everything you'd ever want.

David

I still have a few days to think about my situation. I need to figure out how to make a backup of the hard drive when it comes back. Surely I can put it in a docking station and use Acronis to make a backup, huh? I have a NexStar portable docking station that will accept standard hard drives or the smaller laptop/SSD drives. I would like to help minimize down time, if the PC craters again. I had checked the drive size in the Probotix PC and it is only 10GB! Heck I didn't know they made them that small.

On a different note about hard drive capacity, I can still remember reading in a magazine when the world was introduced to the 40MB (megabyte) hard drive. The author said "We will never be able to fill it up!" :surprise: :grin:
My first computer was an XT 8088 with a special adapter card to allow a 20MB hard drive instead of the limit of 10MB and we thought the same thing - you just can't fill this thing up!

David

Sure am glad you got all that working, hate you had to go through all the trouble and troubleshooting, though. And you've been very prolific since getting back up and running - nice!

We've been busy, too, but it was only on one item. We got our first Etsy sale! The order came in Saturday night for a custom piece, I had the design to her in 10 minutes (which shocked her), made the piece yesterday, shipped it today. It was cool! But it was only one piece, not high volume like you're doing. :smile:

David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.