Router Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing crown on my cabinets and using a 1x3 starter strip to ensure the crown reaches the ceiling.

On the 1x3, I am trying to achieve a profile similar to what is attached.

Can anyone please help identify what bit would give me this profile?

Thank you
Steve in MA

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Looks like the right size double round over bit might do it...

Reactions: stevec1129

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,498 Posts
No way I'd try to do something this elaborate on one piece of super expensive wood. Stick nailed it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your replies. I bought the paint to match the cabinets so the boards i am working with are 1x3 maple boards from my local lumber yard, routed and painted to match.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
This is what I was thinking...not this exact one though...

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
this is what I had in mind..

Reactions: Danman1957

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Steve; the original would have been done on a shaper with proprietary cutters, likely by a custom millwork shop. Not necessarily for your home alone; it might have been (most likely was) a commercial production product. Depending on how much you need, it might be worth your time and money to have the full profile reproduced with a new shaper cutter (not cheap!) and have a few feet run off...maybe even some extra(?).

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Dan is correct about the original being produced with either a shaper or moulder. If the starter board is basically just a rectangular piece then you could cut a bullnose on a thin board then cut that off on a table saw and glue/ pin nail it to the rectangle. Here is a selection of bullnose bits to show what I mean. https://www.amazon.ca/8milelake-Bul...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B076HKFC73

There is a decent chance you would be able to see the line between them though if you looked for it.

Reactions: MEBCWD and DaninVan
1 - 12 of 12 Posts