Router Forums banner

Need Help - What type of Hammer

4194 Views 14 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Alysha29
Hi, A friend pulled this out of a dumpster, along with another tool, and gave it to me. I have looked and looked and cannot identify it. May I get some help? The only marking on it is ? / 8. Appreciate it. Chris


See less See more
1 - 1 of 15 Posts
I would say that it's actually a blacksmithing "fuller" - used in pairs, the top one (as pictured) with a handle, the bottom attached to the anvil.

Used to make an iron bar circular in cross-section, and of a specific diameter - I'm guessing thats what the ?/8 is - 5/8?

If you plan to use it, remove the mushrooming - it's very uncomfortable having a piece removed from your flesh :.(
1 - 1 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.