Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I looking for any info on this R.L. Carter router from 1929 pat date I don't know what kind of value to ask I have been unable to find one of the same exact on the web. It comes with all in the pictures router bits.The plate with the R.L. Carter on it pictured confuses me the model #, RPM's, AMP's the numbers are like punched in not sure if this is correct or not? any help is appreciated thank you in advanced.

Attachments

·
Official Greeter
19,750 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Kelly.

There are some learned members here who may be able to help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I have been to the patent page also, I was hoping some one knew the model number was and a value of the router and its contents a rough amount if any? Thanks once again for your help!!!

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Hi, Kelly; welcome!
What a neat find...you sure you want to let it go?
The thing about collectibles is they have no intrinsic value...they're only worth what someone is willing to pay for the item. And THAT is totally a function of demand.
Your challenge is to find the 'someone', and start a dialogue.
Did you put out feelers anywhere?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi thanks for your reply, you are correct Re: collectables. I have not put any feelers out just here. Was thinking about posting it for sale around $350.00 here see what happens

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm not the router expert that you are looking for here Kelly but it is an interesting set there. At first glance I thought that it sure looked like an old Stanley and then sure enough the company was purchased by them. I like the ring attached to the top so the router will sit flat when upside down, the way all routers should be in my opinion.
Henry

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hello I looking for any info on this R.L. Carter router from 1929 pat date I don't know what kind of value to ask I have been unable to find one of the same exact on the web. It comes with all in the pictures router bits.The plate with the R.L. Carter on it pictured confuses me the model #, RPM's, AMP's the numbers are like punched in not sure if this is correct or not? any help is appreciated thank you in advanced.
i guess you been here ?

R. L. Carter Co., Inc. - Assigned Patents | VintageMachinery.org

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.