Router Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Official Greeter
19,988 Posts
Is it a wire nut, that you guys use in US?

Reactions: mveach99

·
Registered
755 Posts
Can't tell the size from the pictures. Can you post the dimensions?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Looks like a wire nut to me as well. If it is, there will be a brass threaded part which you can see from the open bottom.
Tom, that was my first thought but the 2nd picture shows a bare interior. In this case, size matters. Is it an inch long or a foot long? Joe's reply might help.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Do not know what this is. May just be a plastic piece that could be thrown away or may be a part of a tool I have not used in some time. Any help appreciated.
I have 3 of these. Each one goes to a ceiling light fixture for installation. You could call it a plastic socket which tightens the nut of the glass bulb cover to the fixture. The cover is roughly 6"'s long so there is no way to tighten it by hand or really any other tool. The Reason I have 3, make that 4 is we loved the fixture so much we bought 4. Here is a link to what they look like we have one bronze and 3 chrome all with 100w for each bulb.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,973 Posts
Do not know what this is. May just be a plastic piece that could be thrown away or may be a part of a tool I have not used in some time. Any help appreciated.
Can't tell the size from the pictures. Can you post the dimensions?
Is it a wire nut, that you guys use in US?
I have 3 of these. Each one goes to a ceiling light fixture for installation. You could call it a plastic socket which tightens the nut of the glass bulb cover to the fixture. The cover is roughly 6"'s long so there is no way to tighten it by hand or really any other tool. The Reason I have 3, make that 4 is we loved the fixture so much we bought 4. Here is a link to what they look like we have one bronze and 3 chrome all with 100w for each bulb.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tom, that was my first thought but the 2nd picture shows a bare interior. In this case, size matters. Is it an inch long or a foot long? Joe's reply might help.
Size is 4 in tall and 2 in across the bottom. Believe it may be the lamp remover tool listed here. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Size is 4 in tall and 2 in across the bottom. Believe it may be the lamp remover tool listed here. Thanks.
Below are 3 pic's of the tool for the ceiling fixtures glass shades. It is a hair more than 4" tall and a little less than 2" OD at the socket end. When installing the first of these ceiling fixtures and came across this tool I said "What the heck is this?" Followed by "I better not loose this"

Hat Cap Headgear Costume hat Gas
Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Rim Camera accessory
Rectangle Cylinder Font Metal Titanium

Reactions: jw2170

·
Super Moderator
John
6,973 Posts
That is a tool for cleaning car battery terminals. Your looking at the lid the brush for cleaning the cable goes the the lid the bottom which not showing cleans the post
Not that smart just Happened, clean my battery couple days ago and still on bench

·
Super Moderator
John
6,973 Posts
Automotive tire Camera lens Automotive lighting Cameras & optics Camera accessory

·
Super Moderator
John
6,973 Posts
Admit it John, you're just trying to get the prize off of Marco. ;-)
I’m not admitting to anything
I was cleaning batteries on the golf cart there’s six batteries in his golf cart by the time I got done I remembered what it look like

Reactions: jw2170 and TenGees
1 - 17 of 17 Posts