Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Printing
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a CNC3-3018Pro to see if i can grasp the concept of CNC machining.
The machine works fine Mechanically, but have an issue with software.
It comes with a GRBL control, which sends a .nc file to the machine and cuts perfect, however thats as far as i can get this far. need to know what FREE software needed to be able to CAD and have it save in a .nc file
Im sure everyone has this problem in the beginning
Let me know if anyone has any solutions
Larry

·
Registered
19 Posts
It comes with a GRBL control, which sends a .nc file to the machine and cuts perfect, however thats as far as i can get this far. need to know what FREE software needed to be able to CAD and have it save in a .nc file
Larry
A free version of Easel does both. It is a web based basic version of Easel Pro which has a monthly fee. Another is CarveCo Maker which is a monthly or yearly subscription and combine with free UGSPlatform program is a great way to do your carvings. I have had this setup for three months and can't fault it to give a easy and great outcomes. I think CarveCo Maker is currently US$15 per month and it is well worth it for what your subscription gives you. . Another great easy to use program if are going to laser as well is Lightburn. at AU$86 outright purchase. It is an all in one program for laser images etc.and very easy to use

·
Official Greeter
19,753 Posts
G'day @LarryCNC , welcome to the forum..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Larry
Go to Carbide 3D website and down loar the free Carbide Create soft ware .It creates the nc. files and is similar to the vectric line of products.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts