Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My walnut elephant "Nelly" got a lot of attention from my daughter, and she wanted a pair of boxes, so i made Ronnie the rhino to go with her to their new home.
Here;s Ronnie, and then the happy couple;

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Beautiful job Bob,showing the Asian species of both Rhino & Elephant.Daughter will be very happy.

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
A giraffe would be challenging.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My preference in box making is more treasure chest type, with a technical aspect to the building. But they dont sell and are not even sought after as freebies ("heres 6 boxes, pick one.. oh, you dont want any of the five chests then?").

Animal shapes sell as fast as I make them, so yes, there will be more this year.

The walnut fronts on these were very challenging as they were slices off a plank that was very heavily knotted and no good at all for furniture. I love the swirls and did my best to make them fit the animals, but its really difficult to get a decent finish on wood that doesnt stay still (lol).

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
You make the most original and best use of sandwiched BB! I really enjoy seeing your projects because of that. My home was furnished, decorated and painted on a "European In Africa" style. So we have a number of Effelents and other accessories. I was looking at the Walnut on sale at my regional wood supplier the other day, really beautiful material.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Another great one. Always enjoy your work. Understand the point on the boxes. I’ve sold 2 at charity auctions but otherwise I can’t give them away either. At least I get some nice dinners out of my cutting boards.

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,228 Posts
Another superb job, Bob.

·
Registered
Mike
3,843 Posts
Bob great pair of boxes.

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,544 Posts
I really like it , and they make a great pair . You do some incredible work ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts