Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, fellows.

Last friday, along with several supplies, I received three new tools. The biggest is a Triton router That I bought to a member and two deWalt drills I just bought on my last trip to USA.

I never have had a tool from Triton so I want to hear your comments. Just now I am working in the modification of my former work bench to install this tool.
Regarding the electric drills, I love that model from deWalt in fact I have three of them now. After all the problems with the batteries for my cordless drills I decide not to buy them again.

The router was in an icebox with a wise advice:wink::wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
21,632 Posts
I have and love my Triton. Be careful not to lose the spring if you put it in the table. Looks like it's a new model. The older one is missing a feature or two for table use. I also have the Triton Track Saw, which is a really nice tool.

I like my DeWalt cordless tools, but when the batteries stop working, I'll at least be able to use an adapter for the 20v batteries. I don't know if other companies are doing the same.

Looking forward to seeing more of your creations Alexis. Hope all is well.

·
Super Moderator
5,816 Posts
Read through the manual and it will describe how to remove the spring if you are going to use it in a table. I keep mine in a bag with the plastic base. You liked that packaging, huh?:surprise::grin:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I too have the 3.25hp Triton Alexis & it's a beauty. And like Herb said (I hope there's no problems with your power voltage) Good luck, James jj777746

·
Registered
98 Posts
I ended up with 4 x triton routers. love them all.

1 x 1010watt, 1x 1400 watt and 2 x 2400w

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have and love my Triton. Be careful not to lose the spring if you put it in the table. Looks like it's a new model. The older one is missing a feature or two for table use. I also have the Triton Track Saw, which is a really nice tool.

I like my DeWalt cordless tools, but when the batteries stop working, I'll at least be able to use an adapter for the 20v batteries. I don't know if other companies are doing the same.

Looking forward to seeing more of your creations Alexis. Hope all is well.

Tom,
Where do you get/buy the adapter for the batteries?

·
Registered
21,632 Posts
I found it at HD as part of a kit, but I ordered it online. I think there is something wrong with it, or I have the wrong type of charger. They have two types of batteries, Lord knows what's the difference. It's one of those good idea, confusing execution . Had it too long to return it now, so I'll eventually get around to inquiring at DeWalt.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found it at HD as part of a kit, but I ordered it online. I think there is something wrong with it, or I have the wrong type of charger. They have two types of batteries, Lord knows what's the difference. It's one of those good idea, confusing execution . Had it too long to return it now, so I'll eventually get around to inquiring at DeWalt.
Tom.
Please give me more info about that batteries charger for cordless drills. I have 7 of them (2 Bosch,1 B&D and 4 chinese pieces) that cannot be used due to the batteries. Here they are difficult to find and buy. There are some restriction for air transportation and some models have been deleted. Not to mention the problem to dispose of properly of the dead bateries.
I have seen many videos related to the adaptation from cordless to electric corded but that is not my field.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.