Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,697 Posts
This has been around for some time, and is a workable solution if your budget is a little tight. The combination is particularly nice if you only have one Bosch router, so you don't have to unmount the base from your table every time you want to use the router freehand.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
This has been around for some time, and is a workable solution if your budget is a little tight. The combination is particularly nice if you only have one Bosch router, so you don't have to unmount the base from your table every time you want to use the router freehand.
agreed...

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OOP's
I never seen it before so thought it was a new item from Bosch

·
Registered
21,697 Posts
Bosch has some really fine accessories. To me, their edge guide is the nicest one out there, and all kinds of dust collection accessories, good customer service. Hard to beat.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Actually, the normal fixed base didn't have the above-table height adjustment - that was part number RA1161.

The base with the height adjustment is part number RA1165
Very little difference between the two. The 1161 has wooden handles and a plastic base plate w/short screws, the 1165 has no wooden handles or plastic base, and long screws for mounting to table, plus a hex key for the above the table adjustment.
I had the 1617 mounted permanently in the table, but with the 1165 base I would have been able to quickly use it both ways. Later I put it in a lift which then eliminated locking and unlocking the motor to make adjustments in height.
Herb

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Actually, the normal fixed base didn't have the above-table height adjustment - that was part number RA1161.

The base with the height adjustment is part number RA1165
Huh...the 1161 bases in both my EVSPK's can be adjusted through the top, and at least one came with the hex wrench (might have been both, but i'm questioning myself!) In any case, the hex is a common size and I use a ratchet wrench in one of my tables. Like Herb, one motor is now in a lift--another still in the 1165 in a table, and one more motor sharing 2 plunge bases and two fixed bases.

I agree with the edge guide--really like mine.
earl

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
1... Huh...the 1161 bases in both my EVSPK's can be adjusted through the top,
2... I use a ratchet wrench in one of my tables.
3... I agree with the edge guide--really like mine.
earl
1... same here.. that feature has been around for some time...
2... careful there... you could hit the stops a bit too hard and w/ the extra torque the wrench provides it will be off to the repair shop...
Bosch won't help you out w/ that because the warnings covering that are in the manual...
3... head of the class better...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.