Router Forums banner

New - Boxjoint Cutting feed direction

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  bobj3 
Makavelli
You can order and get the jigs from Oak-Park via.UPS (see link below) and it's one of the best jigs Oak-Park sells,you will be happy you sent off for them the 1st. time you use them.

http://us.oak-park.com/catalogue.html?list=boxj--

They are easy to setup on any router table,just drill 4 holes in your top and with 4ea.1/4-20 x 2" Phil.Flat head machine screws and 4 ea. 1/4-20 wing nuts (or 4ea. 1/4-20 T-Nuts) and you are set to make box joints.
Just set them on the table with the right bit in place ,use the brass setup bars to set the jig in place, clamp it down and drill your holes to lock them down.
Note ***all 3 jigs have the same predrilled holes in them.
You would always push the stock in from the front side of your router table,into the bit.
I do recommend that you order the BRASS SETUP BARS at the same time,they will make your setup quick and easy and true.
You can use the jigs to make boxes plus more,like a cabinet that needs a box joint on a long stock i.e. 48" long or what every it's needs to be.
Try that with the other box joints fixtures on the market today.
I use it all the time to make drawers that are quick and easy and strong for cabinet work,they are as strong as a dovetail joints and take 1/10 the time to make.
Do use the Carb.bits to make your slots,you will need the extra height of the bit because the jig is 1/2" thick and you will need to cut 3/4" deep the norm.(1/2" and 3/8" slots) the 1/4" will work great on 1/2" thick stock or less.

Hope this helps
Bj :)

Makavelli

" stop it tilting"= you,,,,the easy way is to clamp 2 boards together this will help hold it sq. to the top and in the guide.(longer slot to stay in)
You can do more than two at a time but two works the best.(because of the offset ones)
Use a Tall Push block it helps also, I use a 4" x 5" x 6" long push block

Bj :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.