1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a Jorgensen 16 inch wood clamp. The item location was

Item location:
Joliet, Illinois, United States

They sent me a 10 inch wood clamp. Their return address is china. The clamp is US made as stated on the clamp. I only buy from US locations. So, I guess I am stuck. I wrote eBay a nasty message stating how can I trust your software. You need to make sure if the item is a US item then it needs to have a US return address. If eBay does not resolve this then I am going to step back from eBay.

So, watch out now on eBay.

I wonder if the item was cloned in China even though it has made in USA burned into wood clamp.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I bought a Jorgensen 16 inch wood clamp. The item location was

Item location:
Joliet, Illinois, United States

They sent me a 10 inch wood clamp. Their return address is china. The clamp is US made as stated on the clamp. I only buy from US locations. So, I guess I am stuck. I wrote eBay a nasty message stating how can I trust your software. You need to make sure if the item is a US item then it needs to have a US return address. If eBay does not resolve this then I am going to step back from eBay.

So, watch out now on eBay.

I wonder if the item was cloned in China even though it has made in USA burned into wood clamp.
I stepped back from Ebay and ran the other way! Between them and Paypal.. lets just say that I got lucky as a seller. A buyer pulled a scam (fast one) on them which in turn left me with out the sold merchandise and Ebay wanting to get the $1000 they returned to the buyer back from me through Paypal. Fortunately someone (A Kind Soul) I talked with from Paypal about the well used scam trying to be done gave me some advice. Thank God! The buyer did complete the scam, getting the merchandise and their money back. Fortunately Ebay ate that $1000 bill. Paypal after a year gave up trying to get me to open up a "New" Paypal account. They were offering some slick deals but I didn't bite. I had closed my Paypal account before Ebay could get the $1000. If I hadn't had closed the account I would have been out a $1000 worth of merchandise.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
The item location thing has been around a long time and is very common in todays global market.
The chinese (or japanese) company imports quantities of certain popular items into a warehouse in the host country and then advertises them, to reduce the three or even 6 weeks wait on shipping from the far east that deters a lot of would be customers.
Its not actually a scam, as the location statement is true. but the location is purely a forwarding agent with no contact with the actual manufacturer. You just did not understand the difference between "location" and "manufactured in".
Now you do and can choose in the future.

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
I bought a Jorgensen 16 inch wood clamp.
You can make clamps just like that, plans somewhere on the web, at little cost. Personally, my usual choice is cam clamps, which run me maybe 25 cents each to make.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I didn't get scammed on ebay but it was a nightmare and a half to get my money back that was about 9 years ago never looked at the website ever since.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I didn't get scammed on ebay but it was a nightmare and a half to get my money back that was about 9 years ago never looked at the website ever since.
I don't believe we are missing a thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts