Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently built a new router cabinet and now want to concentrate on making a new fence with dust control. Can someone suggest what has worked out best for them? I did put a 4" port on the back of the cabinet under the router. Thanks, tom

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike, what are the box dimensions? Is that a 4" hose going in? How does the zero insert stay attahed? Thanks..Tom

·
Registered
402 Posts
Aspiration to the bottom of the cabinet is not a good idea for at least 2 reasons.
1) the vast majority of dust is from the top of the table and very little below.
2) The suction from under the table is not good for the cooling of the router . The router to it, pushes the air flow from bottom to top (on a table)
Viewing this PDF. Unfortunately it is in French but the pictures are sufficed.
Best regards

Attachments

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
The zero insert and the 2 fence sides have a matching 80 degree cut, so they just dovetail in together. The extraction hose is 2" dia. The fence is 22" long and 4 1/2" square with a 6" high fence.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike: So you don't use any suction from below? Does the size of the fence create any problems with positioning. I would guess not, but maybe you ran into something? Is there anything you would do differently?

Sante: Merci mon ami! That's about it for my french. Thanks for your input and I understand the potential overheating issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts