Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member and would like to know if anyone has seen the new table Grizzly is selling in their new catalog. It is on page 367. Not even on the web yet?? They are calling it a presidents special and selling it for $121. Any opinions from the experienced members would be helpfull. I am hoping to buy a Milwaukee router with the built in height adjustment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That does look like an interesting find. I can't post links yet, but you can look up the model number T10432. And they have a link to the catalog page that has a more detailed description of the table top.
I, too, would be interested if anyone has actually seen one in person.
Thanks

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, I went ahead and ordered one. total shipped is $146.65. Thanks to op, jdolan, for his post. I had been looking at table tops/fences and just forgot about Grizzly. I did google the model number and found a short discussion on it at bt3central dot com. (I still can't post links). Under discussions/tool talk, thread titled "Grizzly router table T10432", dated Jan 4, this year. Seems this one is identical to one MLCS is selling for a little more money without the stand. I'll keep my fingers crossed, 'cause my router is a big Freud 3 1/4 hp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had mine now for a couple of months. The fit and finish on the table is excellent. I am very happy. The insert opening is a little small for the big Freud. I have to turn it 45 degrees for the handles to clear but it's no problem. The insert is fine, it is identical to the one Harbor Freight used to sell pretty cheap. But it's plenty strong. I used the one from HF for over a year and no sagging. The fence adjusts very easily. Overall, I am pleased.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I've had mine now for a couple of months. The fit and finish on the table is excellent. I am very happy. The insert opening is a little small for the big Freud. I have to turn it 45 degrees for the handles to clear but it's no problem. The insert is fine, it is identical to the one Harbor Freight used to sell pretty cheap. But it's plenty strong. I used the one from HF for over a year and no sagging. The fence adjusts very easily. Overall, I am pleased.
Hi Mary - glad to hear you're happy with the table. I doubt there are many tables that big Freud will just drop in. I have to turn mine about 45* and tilt it about 30* to get it into a 9-1/4 x 11-3/4 hole:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this is an older posting, but if anyone that has this router table can post an update on what they think of it, I'd be curious to see how it has performed over the past couple years. I'm looking at purchasing my first router table, but I don't want to spend a lot of money until I can determine how much I'll use it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
The T10432It's a perfectly good table. I've had mine since early Nov though haven't used it as much as I had hoped with other projects (honey do's) taking priority. I've had a couple warranty problems, but Grizzly has handled them expeditiously. One of those problems was the insert warped. While I replaced it with an aluminum version, just because I could, Grizzly also supplied a replacement that I will be using for a smaller router. The other was a cosmetic situation that really had no bearing on the operation. I've also added a Router Razr. It's a nice size, fairly heavy with a solid fence, decent stand that I've added a shelf and with reasonable care, should last many years. IMO, good bang for not too many bucks.

A couple more reviews LumberJocks Woodworking Reviews @ LumberJocks.com ~ woodworking community

Also, like others said, you do have to mount most routers at 45* - but that's not any problem as it IS a standard ~9x12 inch insert and the router bit wont care and my guess is that almost any table with that standard dimension insert would need the angled tool too

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Bob, forum members have bought hundreds of these tables. They are a good choice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Time To Buy My First Router Table

Bob, forum members have bought hundreds of these tables. They are a good choice.
From all my research on this forum and on the manufacturer websites, this table looks like an excellent product for someone like me. I can always upgrade down the road. Thank you very much for your feedback. This is such a great forum!

·
Registered
15 Posts
From all my research on this forum and on the manufacturer websites, this table looks like an excellent product for someone like me. I can always upgrade down the road. Thank you very much for your feedback. This is such a great forum!
I just ordered one of these today, Hope everyone is still happy with theirs. I also picked up a power switch to put on the table from woodcraft. Anything I need other than that? I have an older sears router that I got off craigs list , It was hardly ever used according to the seller, it had the owners manual and case still with it.

GregC.

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Greg, I swap out several different routers in this table; it is a more comfortable working height for many of the people who stop by my place. As a rule you would find the big Triton installed in my table but Bosch 1617's and the Milwaukee 5625-20 spend time there as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
I just used mine a couple days ago - still a great product and deal. I did change the plate for an aluminum when the original warped in several directions but Grizzly sent me a new one when I emailed a "complaint" to them so have put that one away for a second router (in my dreams:haha:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Greg, I swap out several different routers in this table; it is a more comfortable working height for many of the people who stop by my place. As a rule you would find the big Triton installed in my table but Bosch 1617's and the Milwaukee 5625-20 spend time there as well.
Hey Mike,
Thanks for the comment on the types of routers you have on the table. How important is it to have a router capable of a 1/2 inch shank? Mine only takes 1/4 inch shank router bits but does have a speed of 25000 rpm.

Greg

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.