Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please put this in what ever part of the forum it belongs in I bought a chicago drill press 525 and having trouble finding the chuck key for or a manual or anything else, if someone would point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated google search turned up absolutly nothing.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,814 Posts
Please put this in what ever part of the forum it belongs in I bought a chicago drill press 525 and having trouble finding the chuck key for or a manual or anything else, if someone would point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated google search turned up absolutly nothing.

Thanks
Welcome aboard, Marine. When you get time, fill out your profile.

I looked around and didn't find anything useful. One option is to remove the chuck. Is it a 1/2 inch Morse Taper style? You could always buy a replacement, and the key would come with it. :smile:

Got any pictures of the DP?

·
Administrator
David
3,976 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Add your first name to your profile to clear the N/a in the side panel and so we'll know what to call you. Add your location to your profile, as well.

We do like photos so show us your shop, tools, projects, etc. whenever you're ready. What sort of woodworking are you planning or doing with that drill press?

Like Mike said, photos always help.

David

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum ,Marine

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,022 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Marine0597!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill ad pics tommorow along with all the information off the id plates and I will work on my profile for you,I mostly due automotive and metal work, but recently bought a router and some other stuff to start getting into wood working, im med retired from USMC so need some cheaper hobbies but this is turning into expensive as well, lol/ Guns jeeps the older you get the more expensive the hobbies i guess

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
The Devil is in the details. Is that a Chicago drill press, or a Chicago Electric drill press? Harbor Freight sell some Chicago Electric tools, but no drill press, likely sold yours, which I do not know if the name was changed to Central Machinery (they carry Central Machinery drill presses). You can always download a free owner's manual from HF. Get a universal drill chuck key for $4-5 and set for any tool. Or, you can look on-line for an owner's manual, but you have to join to get one, and I won't join, so don't know how that works. Or, you can go to ebay, and see what you can find.

If it were me, I'd just go to HF, download a free drill press manual (how different can they be?), and buy a universal chuck key.

Woodworking doesn't need to break the bank. I likely have just around $1300 spent on shop, and tools, maybe a tad more, but I'll bet under $1500. Buy used tools, I've got 3 routers that were given to me, they all work, newest router of 5 is around 20 years old. Shop is 8X12, bought in about 1996, when I had the money to spare. Army, retired 1981.

Reactions: mgmine

·
Official Greeter
19,110 Posts
Welcome to the forum...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome, if it is the one I have a universal key won't work. It will be important to know which drill press you have.

·
Registered
Mike
3,836 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts