Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
Found you by doing a search for a manual and parts for my vintage Stanley router. Found no parts or manual but found you.
I'm looking for parts for a Stanley 8-B motor with a H-13-B base. You guys seem like the right place to look, thanks

John

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
@Johnedy - Welcome to the forum John - glad you could stop by.

A quick search of the forum found this old thread - among other things, someone was looking for parts as well. On page two of that thread, it was reported that no parts are available for those routers. You're only hope might be a find at a flea market. Anyway, here's the thread if you wanted to look through it - only two pages.

https://www.routerforums.com/general-routing/34784-help-stanley-dome-top.html#post278014

·
Registered
21,694 Posts
Hi John.

Tools wear out, and sometimes there aren't enough of an old model to make enough profit to justify making parts. Sometimes the reserve of old parts just runs out. Many older tools were so rugged they lasted longer than the company, and the management sold the company to a larger one, which had no interest in keeping the old tools running.

That's why, at some point, you have to buy a new one. Sucks, but that's how it is now with what used to be honored American brands. Stanley tools just took over Craftsman and DeWalt. We'll have yet to see how that plays out. Will they revive quality of Craftsman, use DeWalt as their top of the line, or just exploit the reputations and remaining goodwill of those brands.

I think one of the big problems behind all that is that management folks don't do any woodworking. They don't use their own products, so they don't notice the decline, they're too busy cutting costs. There's the story of the farmer who cut costs by mixing a little sawdust in his mule's feed, didn't notice any problem, so added more and more sawdust, cuttng cost again and again. Worked out really well until the mule died.

BTW, welcome to the Forum. Consider curing the problem by getting a Bosch 1617 router. Great machine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone
Found you by doing a search for a manual and parts for my vintage Stanley router. Found no parts or manual but found you.
I'm looking for parts for a Stanley 8-B motor with a H-13-B base. You guys seem like the right place to look, thanks

John
Still have that old router base or find replacement parts? I'm looking for the tightening screw (black) for the base.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.